Captain Hook Meet and Greet?

canadawithboys

Earning My Ears
Is a live Captain Hook anywhere to be found in any of the DW parks? Meet and Greet, or stage shows or parades or anything? My two-year-old is obsessed with him, and keeps telling me he is going to see Captain Hook at DW (we are going this month.) I haven't really seen him anywhere in photos, and don't remember seeing him last year when we visited, and I'm kind of paranoid my son's wish is not going to be fulfilled! *~*

No scheduled M&Gs with Hook anywhere during normal park hours.

He does appear in various shows and parades.

We met him and Mr. Smee in MK. But it was in 2006. Hope you can find him somewhere!

The one place you are guaranteed a private meet and greet is the Pirates and Pals Wishes cruise. We went in August, and it was one of the highlights of our trip - a lot of fun. It is extra though (I can't recall exactly but I think we paid around $200 for 4 of us). You meet Hook and Schmee before sailing.

1) We see Hook and Smee almost every visit.
2) They "guard" the rope drop at Cindy Castle (rope at rear of "tunnel").
3) The rope stops people from getting into Fantasyland.
4) They clown around and interact with the guests and kids.

He usually hangs around Adventure Land in the MK. I see him there all the time with Smee. You can also do a pirate's cruise out of the CR. You get to meet him before the cruise. Hope this helps.
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014:)

Thanks so much everyone!

1) We see Hook and Smee almost every visit.
2) They "guard" the rope drop at Cindy Castle (rope at rear of "tunnel").
3) The rope stops people from getting into Fantasyland.
4) They clown around and interact with the guests and kids.

Does the rope drop happen at a certain time, like the very beginning of each day? Or is it just a location?

He usually hangs around Adventure Land in the MK. I see him there all the time with Smee. You can also do a pirate's cruise out of the CR. You get to meet him before the cruise. Hope this helps.
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014:)

How recently was this may I ask?

Captain Hook and Smee can often be found at Character Palooza if/when that occurs at DHS.

http://kennythepirate.com/2012/05/08/tuesday-tip-take-advantage-of-character-palooza/

We meet Hook & Smee at Characterpalooza in 2012, and just Hook at Characterpalooza this year. However, if you want to be guaranteed a meeting with them, you have to do the Pirates & Pals cruise. Otherwise, you're essentially chasing the luck & good fortune of various Dis'ers who have had chance encounters (or scheduled M&Gs that no longer happen...like the one outside POTC) with them in the past.

Thanks for all your tips! :) In case anyone else looks on this thread trying to find Hook, we saw him along with Peter Pan on a float in the Electrical Parade, and Smee was driving a little car behind them. My son was THRILLED!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter