Captain EO

Tinkjon

hailing to the pumpkin sound
Never seen it before but my impression is that it's not really worth it unless you're a Michael Jackson fan and it's possibly a bit scary for a 5yo. Anyone agree or disagree with that?

Thanks Carrie! I did look at the YT vid and thought "how dull" :confused3 Just wanted to check that i wasn't missing anything!

I'm a big MJ fan and I love 80s cheese so I thought it was brilliant! Can appreciate why some people don't like it though.

my 6/7 year old hated it, he was so scared it was too loud for him at the beginning So cwtched and held his hands over his ears, closed eyes and cried all the way through so didnt see the "happy" ending.

We took him back the next year and he did manage to sit in his own seat with his ears and eyes closed but watched the ending, so i would say it depends if your child like very loud noise at the scary parts.

I saw it with my DSs who were 6 and 3 at the time. 6 year old loved it, he kept talking about it, it was fun for him. 3 year was bored, but not scared. Will go again if kids ask to.

I love captain EO but my memories of it are from when it was first released and I was like 7. We also saw MJ in the DLH. I live the little fussy animal that flies right out.

How ever when I watched it when they brought it back I was embarrassed I had talked it up so much to DH and it wasn't as good as I remembered. Still love the music.

Good tip about it being loud - thta's something I wouldn't have realised from YouTube. My DS hates loud noises so I think we will def give that a miss.

If you could just watch the actual film it would be OK but you have to waste so much time standing up watching first the Kodak advertising and then the lengthy back story to the film. It means allowing a good 40 minutes I would think and it is just not worth it - unless you need a good warm up on a freezing day. :rotfl2:

It means allowing a good 40 minutes I would think and it is just not worth it - unless you need a good warm up on a freezing day. :rotfl2:

Agreed :thumbsup2
The show does make you cringe and you wouldn't choose to see it more than once, but it's warm and dry and gives your feet a rest.
The preshows are always a total pain IMHO, felt the same about HISTA and Armageddon.

I think we'll definitely give that a miss then - I'd forgotten about the pre-shows and it sems like it would take up way too much precious time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter