Captain EO?

SueSue

Mouseketeer
I haven't had a chance to lurk around these boards for awhile, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed extensively. Since HISTA is now closed, will Captain EO be around this summer? I thought I saw that it was last summer.

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Since HISTA is now closed, will Captain EO be around this summer?

Yes.

But, the REASON that HISTA is "closed" is precisely BECAUSE Capt. EO is running
in that theater.

HISTA may or may not return when they finally put EO out of its misery.

To expand on this topic, does anyone know if they are still selling Capt Eo merchandise? My friend was recently there and said she didn't see any :confused:

To expand on this topic, does anyone know if they are still selling Capt Eo merchandise? My friend was recently there and said she didn't see any :confused:

I walked by there on Tuesday and noticed that the merchandise cart was gone.

Yes.

But, the REASON that HISTA is "closed" is precisely BECAUSE Capt. EO is running
in that theater.

HISTA may or may not return when they finally put EO out of its misery.

And misery it is.

We saw a limited amount of Captain EO merchandise earlier this month.

We were there back in September and there were a few shelves of Captain EO merchandise in the store at the end of the Figment ride (Journey into Imagination I think its called?)... my boyfriend bought a stuffed orange flying thing with the long tail. They had t-shirts and a few other things. We never saw a merch cart...

We will enjoy EO while it is still there, and hope beyond hope that when they feel it is time to replace it, they do NOT put HISTA back in there . .. it is REALLY time for something NEW in that theater!

I was pleasantly suprised at how much I enjoyed watching Captain EO in March. I was not looking forward to HISTA (might have skipped it), but EO was a fun little trip down memory lane. I can't say I really remembered much about it, but I enjoyed it a good bit. And I kid you not, my 8 year old daughter asked me if EO was a guy or girl. I got a good chuckle out of that. It is definitely a different kind of movie, but all around good stuff there.

And I think it will be here for the summer, hope you enjoy it.

And I kid you not, my 8 year old daughter asked me if EO was a guy or girl. I got a good chuckle out of that. It is definitely a different kind of movie, but all around good stuff there.

Same here. We were in the World 3 weeks ago, and my four year old daughter kept talking about "the girl who did all the dancing in Captain EO" :rotfl2:

Truly a disappointing trip back in time! Was this ever a hit when it was originally released? It just seems like a bunch of characters that didn't make the cut into any previous Star Wars movies thrown in with a bunch of dancing.

Altough HISTA was never a favorite, I would prefer that to Captain EO.

I do find it ironic that this really bad film outlasted the dancing drug addicted pedophile himself.

Seriously, why not just show Steamboat Willie and have a couple castmembers throw water and make sloshing river sounds? Way more entertaining than this film.

I love captain eo... it holds great nostalgic values... its really dated though now which is the only downside but i still go to see it.

i agree with previous posters though i hope it does get retired soon and hope that HISTA does not come back because that is just as bad to be fair.

i hope somthing new gets put their. They could use the Robinsons maybe and do a 3d show... the kids of today would relate with that more.

maybe even add some more figment to the epcot area :hyper:

i wanna go back.. bring on October 2012 :goodvibes Halloween Time for me soon haha

Truly a disappointing trip back in time! Was this ever a hit when it was originally released? It just seems like a bunch of characters that didn't make the cut into any previous Star Wars movies thrown in with a bunch of dancing.

Altough HISTA was never a favorite, I would prefer that to Captain EO.

I have to agree. Saw it for the first time in a very long time last October and came out shaking my head at how bad it was. HISTA definitely needed replaced but Capt EO was a huge step backward IMO.

Hopefully it will be replaced soon.

Yep. BAD BAD FILM...but I do remember it from my childhood. Which makes it a "must see" when I'm there...and I've watched it twice since it was resurrected. :happytv:

We make fun of the film loudly every time we go - not in the theatre itself (seriously - don't go in there :crazy2:), but any time that we see or are reminded of it in any way. It is so bad, it is hysterical. We sometimes get a whole group of strangers going about how absurd it is. My boys said that was the best time they had in January - when we had a group of about 30 strangers cutting up about how bad Captain EO was in front of the rose trail leading over to the World Showcase. Good times. We'll miss them when it is gone. :goodvibes

We saw captain EO on one of our last trips. I saw it originally back when I was a kid. It was awesome to see it again and remember back when I was young. One of the special things about Disney.

I walked by there on Tuesday and noticed that the merchandise cart was gone.
That makes me so sad :(

We saw a limited amount of Captain EO merchandise earlier this month.
That gives me hope! I'm praying there is still stuff in August.

We were there back in September and there were a few shelves of Captain EO merchandise in the store at the end of the Figment ride (Journey into Imagination I think its called?)... my boyfriend bought a stuffed orange flying thing with the long tail. They had t-shirts and a few other things. We never saw a merch cart...
I'll be sure to pop in there when I go. I really hope they have some stuff. Fuzzball (the orange thing haha) is one of the things I definitely wanted to get! I don't want to have to resort to ebay to buy one.

Can anyone elaborate, what IS Capt EO? I know its Michael Jackson something but its a place we avoided on the one trip it was around. I thought it had closed for good until I booked ds the Yes program and EO is part of it. Poor hubby, he has no idea and I feel bad telling him now he must sit through it :crazy2:(definitly NOT a fan of MJ as a musican or person.) I have seen Honey I shrunk... would have skipped it if it was open

Can anyone elaborate, what IS Capt EO? I know its Michael Jackson something but its a place we avoided on the one trip it was around. I thought it had closed for good until I booked ds the Yes program and EO is part of it. Poor hubby, he has no idea and I feel bad telling him now he must sit through it :crazy2:(definitly NOT a fan of MJ as a musican or person.) I have seen Honey I shrunk... would have skipped it if it was open

A dated early-technology 3D movie set in space where the power of music saves the day. Sounded corny as I wrote it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter