• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captain EO to re-open?

TinkBride

I am pro Spaceship Earth wand. I am anti candy/cak
I heard a rumor that Captain EO may be re-opening? Has anyone else heard this? :confused3

Not gonna happen. Disney shut it down as soon as the stories about Michael's strange behavior with little boys began surfacing. No matter how good his music might be, he's too much "damaged goods" for Disney.

I've heard the rumors...apparently there is an internet petition set up as well.

I'd say it's unlikely to happen but I wouldn't totally rule it out...yet

there well may be a petition..but i can assure you, no one in the jackson camp is considering a ride at disney right now..:sad2:

I believe there is a petition but it will go nowhere, Disney will not ever bring Captain EO backa after MJ's child abuse allegations. They do not want controversial people associated with the parks. Captain EO disappeared after it all started in the 90s as did the film with Pee Wee Herman when his escapades become public knowledge :sad2:

Only place that people will be able to see Captain EO will be on youtube or similar video sites I am sure.

Disney still has Song of the South in its dungeons......no way Capt. EO is coming back.

Wasn't there a petition to bring back ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter? How did that end up going? Thats what I thought, hahahaha

man I hope not.
forgot about Micheals past...that movie was just aweful.

And peronsally I can't wait for this Micheal Jackson obsession goes way.
America spend the past 15-20 year trying to ingore him, ebarased by and just about crusify him (right or wrong), now that he's passed away, EVERYONE is suddenly a fan again.
(yet I bet 99% can't name his last two albums without looking them up.)

Sorry for his passing, but enough of the media hype.

I've moved this thread to the Rumors and News board.

I have to agree with the above posters. Despite the online petition that's currently taking place, I seriously doubt that Disney will bring back Captain EO. :)

Captain EO disappeared after it all started in the 90s as did the film with Pee Wee Herman when his escapades become public knowledge :sad2:
And what "film with Pee Wee Herman" would that be?

Paul Reubens (the actor who plays Pee Wee Herman) is the voice of RX-24, the robot who serves as your pilot on Star Tours. He's been the voice since the attraction first opened at Disneyland and Disney-MGM Studios, and is still the voice today.

What other role did Paul Reubens (or his character Pee Wee Herman) ever have at a Disney theme park? What Pee Wee Herman film "disappeared" from a Disney park? I'm not aware of any.

As far as Disney movies are concerned, Paul Reubens provided the voice of Dennis in Disney's animated film, Teacher's Pet (2004). That's long after his 1991 arrest in a Sarasota, Florida, adult movie theater.

And what "film with Pee Wee Herman" would that be?

Paul Reubens (the actor who plays Pee Wee Herman) is the voice of RX-24, the robot who serves as your pilot on Star Tours. He's been the voice since the attraction first opened at Disneyland and Disney-MGM Studios, and is still the voice today.

What other role did Paul Reubens (or his character Pee Wee Herman) ever have at a Disney theme park? What Pee Wee Herman film "disappeared" from a Disney park? I'm not aware of any.

As far as Disney movies are concerned, Paul Reubens provided the voice of Dennis in Disney's animated film, Teacher's Pet (2004). That's long after his 1991 arrest in a Sarasota, Florida, adult movie theater.

Back in the Day when the Disney/MGM studios had both the tram tour and the walking tour, you would see how sound played an important part of the movies. There was a video of Mel Gibson and Pee Wee Herman. During the demonstration, Pee Wee would add in different sound effects to classic movies. The one I remember most vividly was the fly-over shot of Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music accompanied by sounds of an airplane with a machine gun. As I recall, yes the video was removed for a period of time after Pee Wee's (Paul Reubens) arrest, but it did make its way back shortly before the demise of the walking tour.

Back in the Day when the Disney/MGM studios had both the tram tour and the walking tour, you would see how sound played an important part of the movies. There was a video of Mel Gibson and Pee Wee Herman. During the demonstration, Pee Wee would add in different sound effects to classic movies.
Thank you! Interesting!

Somehow, I completely forgot about that part of the walking tour. I still remember other parts, such as The Lottery with Bette Midler, the Jim Hensen Creature Shop, the blue screen demo with the giant bee, and the film with Eisner and Chernabog.

Not going to happen... Shockingly Disney hasn't announced they are releasing the DVD and Blu-Ray in their efforts to cash in...

Wasn't there a petition to bring back ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter? How did that end up going? Thats what I thought, hahahaha

AND Mr. Toads Wild Ride? I believe there was a petition involved there as well....................hmmm :sad2:

I believe there is a petition but it will go nowhere, Disney will not ever bring Captain EO backa after MJ's child abuse allegations. They do not want controversial people associated with the parks. Captain EO disappeared after it all started in the 90s as did the film with Pee Wee Herman when his escapades become public knowledge :sad2:

Like Morgan Freeman (narrator of the new Hall of Presidents) and his granddaughter?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the...ns-alleged-affair-with-stepgrandaughter-.html

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/morgan-freeman-granddaughter-affair-edena-hines-alleged

I doubt it will happen. If anything it could be for a one-time event as a memorial to M.J. but as stated before, the child abuse allegations aren't good for P.R. Not only that but how receptive are children to M.J. these days? Not to mention the fact that those videos are somewhat corny by today's standards.

Thank you! Interesting!

Somehow, I completely forgot about that part of the walking tour. I still remember other parts, such as The Lottery with Bette Midler, the Jim Hensen Creature Shop, the blue screen demo with the giant bee, and the film with Eisner and Chernabog.

I remember the giant bee! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

As far as Captian EO, I only vaguely remember it but would like to see it again. It's got to be better than HISTA. Worst attraction at WDW, imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter