• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captain EO is coming to Epcot 7/2!

Does anybody know if they've cleaned-up or re-mastered the transfer for DL and WDW? I know they're not going to go Lucas on it and have 'Hooter Shoot First', but I'm curious if there are any audio or video improvements.

While I'd love to see it from a retro nostalgia standpoint, I'm not sure if good 'ol EO really stands the test of time. Still an improvement on HISTA though

Body Wars is located in the long-closed "Wonders of Life" Pavilion in Epcot's FW.

The attraction is purported to be still intact, but guests are not permitted to get to the boarding area.

WoL pavilion is now only used as a space to hold special events at Epcot.

WoL pavilion attractions have not been open to the public since end of the Holiday season of 2006.

WOW...I could swear that I was in the Wonders of Life in the Spring of 2007 (to see Cranium Command). I guess my memory is playing tricks on me.

I usually only do Test Track in the side of Future World, I guess that's why I didn't notice. Oh well.

WOW...I could swear that I was in the Wonders of Life in the Spring of 2007 (to see Cranium Command). I guess my memory is playing tricks on me.

I usually only do Test Track in the side of Future World, I guess that's why I didn't notice. Oh well.

You may be right....I went to see Cranium Command for the first and only time ever just a few years ago and I could swear it wasn't all the way back in '06. 2007 sounds about right but I could be wrong.

You may be right....I went to see Cranium Command for the first and only time ever just a few years ago and I could swear it wasn't all the way back in '06. 2007 sounds about right but I could be wrong.

The last day Cranium Command was operated for day guests was Jan. 1, 2007.
It has be closed to the public since then.

WoL was basically closed LONG before that, too.
(The Pavilion basically "closed" as of January 5, 2004.)
It was placed on "seasonal" status for a very long time.

Although it MIGHT have been open under very crowded conditions sometime earlier in 2006
(but I don't think that it was...)
The pavilion was only opened for any extended period in 2006 between Thanksgiving and New Years Day.

And that was "it" for the WoL as an independent pavilion.

The last day Cranium Command was operated for day guests was Jan. 1, 2007.
It has be closed to the public since then.

WoL was basically closed LONG before that, too.
(The Pavilion basically "closed" as of January 5, 2004.)
It was placed on "seasonal" status for a very long time.

Although it MIGHT have been open under very crowded conditions sometime earlier in 2006
(but I don't think that it was...)
The pavilion was only opened for any extended period in 2006 between Thanksgiving and New Years Day.

And that was "it" for the WoL as an independent pavilion.

What was the name of the cute movie with Martin Short about giving birth? Also, what was the "live" show called?

I hope EO is just there for a limited engagement.
Originally it ran from 1986 - 1994.
I would love to hear that they have a new 3D movie for that theater.
Gee, HISTA has only been there for 16 years... :rolleyes1

OMG, I can't wait! Hopefully it will be there through at least the end of the year, I don't think the run would be that limited.

Short Michael Jackson Sci-Fi movie in 3D. I'll let others elaborate more, as I was never "thrilled" about this attraction. :)

I can't help much. I haven't seen it since my first trip (either 92 or 93). All I remember is a really cute, white furry bear-type-thing (looked like a small EWOK) with butterfly wings. I really liked that little guy!:rotfl:

Is this the show that had a little furry creature that would fly around? I remember when I was little watching a michael jackson film at disney and my mom said she remembers looking down at me and I was talking to the little furry creature and trying to pet it.

Oh, I'm so glad to hear this! My son LOVES Michael Jackson's music and had read about Captain Eo, so he asked if I had seen it (I did in 1994). I told him what I could remember, and he said "I wish I could see this sometime". He'll be so excited! (Same kid that exclaimed this weekend "Tron is my favorite movie!")

"The Making of Me" was the Martin Short film on babies, if I remember correctly. We were in The WoL pavilion in 12/06 & it was pretty run-down, and there were maybe 25 people in there. You could tell that was the end! The only other time I was in WoL was in 5/08, they had exhibits for the F&GF set up inside. None of the old WoL attractions or movies were being shown.

Short Michael Jackson Sci-Fi movie in 3D. I'll let others elaborate more, as I was never "thrilled" about this attraction. :)

Hardy-har-har! :laughing:;)

This movie scared the daylights out of me as a kid. Those weird alien things!! Hope it's still around in December, though, I'd like to scar my kids for life, too.:rotfl:

I haven't seen that since the mid eighties, i think my brats......ummmm I mean kids.... will like it.

Is this the show that had a little furry creature that would fly around? I remember when I was little watching a michael jackson film at disney and my mom said she remembers looking down at me and I was talking to the little furry creature and trying to pet it.

Yes. . .it was white/cream with butterfly wings if I remember correctly.

I don't remember this show too well, but won't it all look a little outdated- you know, VERY 80s? Or do you think they are bringing it back because it old and remembered? (Or just because Michael Jackson is in it?)

Now that brings back memories. I was almost 5 when my parents took me to Disneyland for the first time and that's what I remember. It was my first 3-D experience, but I don't remember anything about the film except the furry flying guy.

Captain Eo = "Michael Jackson teams up with the Star Wars cantina band characters for a 17 minute 3-D movie."

DH is over the moon at the news because he never saw it originally like I did. We're both pre-scandal Michael fans so it will be fun to see it again this summer. I have it on good authority that this will most definitely be a Fastpass attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter