captain E O leaving?

Mouse14

Wish I was at the Lodge
Has anyone heard these rumors or news of them taking captain EO out?

Haven't heard anything, but it is sooooo dated. Hope this is true!

There were rumours because when the Disneyland California theatre was upgraded to a higher definition for the Guardians of the Galaxy preview a lot of other small changes happened. But that could just mean nothing, or that changes come to CA not FL.

I sort of doubt they'll close it without replacing it with something else (I know people will mention Wonders of Life among other things, just my opinion). That being said, I personally hate the movie and can't believe it was ever resurrected.

So little kid me always wanted to see this, and grown up me finally saw it last year...I am still catching jokes from my family for it. (I hated it). I would like to see something else there.

Does anyone like it? I would rather they put Honey I shrunk the audience back in.
Hopefully they will do something fresh though!

There are re-curring rumors about Captain Eo go away at some point in the future. Some rumors actually mention a date that they heard from some supposedly reliable source. Thus far, none of them have actually come true.

Saw this for the first and LAST time with our most recent trip. We figured it would be bad...and a good place for AC...but it was just AWFUL. I know the 80's weren't the finest but wow.

I heard several people in line talking about it. As usual someone mentions the elusive "I know someone who works at Disney saying it's going away".

I sure hope so.

Captain Eo has definitely worn out his welcome. At this point I would welcome HISA back with open arms.

It would be interesting to see what kind of new thing they'd put in there?

Id like to see Imagination back to its old true form before they spend money on something to replace EO though…..

we saw Capt EO 5 times in a row -- in various versions -

1) the video played and the room shook but no sound
2) the room shook -- no sound or video
3) the sound played and the room shook no video
4) no sound and no shaking
5) the actual synced presentation (video, sound and motion)

apparently we were not allowed to leave due to safety concerns -- :confused3

I love seeing Cpt E O... I mean he saves the world with dance....

They should just show Frozen starting every 90 minutes. Much better use of the space and it would get a few little kids out of my way during food and wine.

The last time I saw CO was in 1989 as a teenager who wasn't a fan of MJ in any way.

I found the movie, at that time, enjoyable in spite of Jackson, his music and dancing.

However, the last few times we have been to WDW the movie has been this one and I have no desire to see it again.

I don't see Disney removing this movie until they have something else to put in its place but I wouldn't put it past them to put back HISTA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter