• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Captain Cooks Reopening Date?

lkjasd

Mouseketeer
In another thread I was told Captain Cooks may not reopen until December 16 (well after our stay :sad1: ). Tikiman's site mentions a "soft opening" of Thanksgiving. The Unofficial Guide web site says "August 15" is when it should be done.

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Hi,
I just got back from the Poly about 3 weeks ago and the Tangaroa Terrace was open. i think that Disney does not have a "hard" date on a reopening. When there, I got 3 different answers from 3 different CM's. One said late Sept, one said Oct, one said Dec. I think even they are not sure as construction has really just begun. None of the CM's seemed overly confident in their response. Tangaroa Terrace isn't bad, just a little inconvenient.

I have been hearing December (no exact day) since May from the Polynesian and a recent message that was from information handed out to the staff was where I got the soft opening info and they are still targeting December for it to be completely open. The August 15 date was something that was released a while back so many places are still quoting this as the opening date. From what they told me that is not going to happen.

Just remember many sites wait until the info is officially released to the public (which makes sense) but sometimes that is way too late. I pass along any info I get directly from the Polynesian and it is not rumors created by staff but copies of memos that are distributed to the staff. I try not to go by rumors since even the staff can hear something that is wrong but I also don’t wait for the “official release”. Just like the “official release” about the new rooms at the Polynesian that came almost a year after they started doing the rooms. It just comes too late in most cases.

This information can always change but I only post it if it is accurate info at the time it is given. Also asking staff around the resort does not always get you the right answer because not all of them get the information from managment.

Thanks for the information. I guess I will cross my fingers but not count on the Refillable Mugs this time around.

It is now open, and it extends all the way down the hallway , and that last section that used to be the mens shop, is now a game room with a wall up that seperates it from the new seating area so that the noise does not carry through to the restaurant. :coffee: :drinking1 popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter