Capt. Marvin's..is 3 1/2 too young?

mom2grace

DIS Veteran
On their website it says they take under 4's (for free no less), is this realistic?

We are still almost a year out, but she loves water, "swimming" (while being held), she is extremely social and not very scared, so far.

Advice?

Thanks,
Susan

I think it would work out. If she ended up not liking it you could take turns watching her on the boat so you could still enjoy the stingrays. My DS 10 could not touch the bottom so he clung to my back the whole time! Your daughter may freak out though so be prepared for the possiblity of her needing to stay on the boat.

It depends on your child, But we have done it with 2 yr old and put them in small blowup pools. no problem while we snorkeled.
also we brought our own lifevest kids size and they we able to paddle around.

while we are on the subject, I have booked this and my DS (who will be 6 then) wears glasses all the time. Can he possibly snorkel? I'm going to have him in a life jacket because he is a little guy too and might be too short to enjoy the rays.
Robin M.

We did Captain Marvin's in Oct 2002. Our DS who was 3 at the time was free. He has never been a swimmer and only spent about 5 minutes in the water. Lucky for us, his Grandfather was with us and was happy to stay on the boat with DS. Our DD was 5 at the time and loves to swim. She had a great time and was not scared at all. I know they had life vests available, including children's sizes. I can't remember if it was mandatory to wear them, I know that we all chose to wear them.

Originally posted by Rock'n Robin
while we are on the subject, I have booked this and my DS (who will be 6 then) wears glasses all the time. Can he possibly snorkel? I'm going to have him in a life jacket because he is a little guy too and might be too short to enjoy the rays.
Robin M.
Unforunately not. Since he needs glasses, he'll never be able to get a mask to stay waterproof. I know, since I used to wear glasses. Since he's so little the other options, contacts or buying a prescription mask are out of the question. He'll have to be content looking down through the top of the water.

Back before lasar surgery when I wore glasses I went snorkling in St. Thomas and the guy that was running the boat told me to take my glasses and fold them up like you were taking them off and putting them down and lay them in the snorkle that way....you can see through the glasses and snorkle mask they are not right on your face but it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter