• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Capris during the summer?

mommyto3

Mouseketeer
Has anyone worn capris during the summer to the parks? Was it too hot?

I found some thin, cotton ones (not denim), that are real comfy and was wondering if they would be okay for park touring.

Thanks!

That's all I ever wear is capris. I'm not a fan of shorts. I wear cotton ones and also thin denim ones. They've always been fine for me.

maslex said:
That's all I ever wear is capris. I'm not a fan of shorts. I wear cotton ones and also thin denim ones. They've always been fine for me.

I live in Texas, it's hotter here than in FL, women wear capris all the time. I find them more comfortable than shorts, your legs don't stick to anything when you sit down. Plus I can wear them to work.

Capris are all I wear too. Someone coined the term "thigh creep" on here once & it's always stuck with me. Capris don't creep the way shorts do & yet look more summer-like than long pants. I dread the day they go out of fashion because everything I like usually does!

I would rather wear capris because they are much more flattering than shorts, BUT if you are going July/August.....I would wear shorts. It is so HOT!!

DD6 and I will there July 23-29 and I will be in capris the entire time!!!! :thumbsup2 Also mostly cotton and some thin denim.

I only wear capris. I don't really like shorts. The whole "thigh creep", as someone mentioned it. Hate it!!! To me it is more annoying dealing with shorts than with the little bit of extra leg covered by capris. The light weight material is best. This will be my 5th summer trip and it is fine!! :sunny:

I will definetly be in capri's for my trip. Mostly because I really shouldn't subject anyone but those who REALLY love me to the sight of all that white leg I have. :)

Capris will also help to protect your legs from the reflected heat from the pavement. You can get a bad sunburn from that. :sunny: I live in shorts here, but I wear capris in the parks.

I wear capris all summer long w/ no problem. As everyone has said, they are so much more flattering than shorts! (I have never heard the term "thigh creep" before, but I certainly know what everyone is talking about!) :teeth:

Capris are great, but make sure they are not heavy denim. Made that mistake on our 1st trip. They were hot, heavy and never got dry. Get nice LIGHT WEIGHT capris and you'll be in heaven!

if you are concerned about the heat you might be able to get some of the "stay cool" ones that wick away perspiration . I've seen them in sporting good stores in our area and they are cute and comfy. i know for hiking they tell you not to wear demin cause it stays "wet/damp" and is uncomfortable.

I wore capri's last June and will wear them again this year when I go. Personally, I'm afraid that the reflection from my white legs could blind the pilot of a plane flying overhead. Better safe than sorry, right?

Note to self: Must hit the tanning bed before this years trip.

I wear capri's all the time when we go. Very comfortable and can be a bit dressy for dinner later too.

Question- so if you're wearing capris- what kind of shoe do you wear with them? I only wear sandals with mine while I'm at home, but that won't cut it in the parks. Do you just wear your good walking shoes and forget it?

I loved wearing Capris last year - so comfy! The days I wore skirts I noticed a huge difference, my legs were clammy and sweaty. Ugh! The Capris help prevent chafing (sp?) too as you have the fabric to prevent the skin rubbing together.

I wore them with leather sandals (I brought a couple of pairs, both pairs were worn in) and I walked for miles each day. The sandals I chose had backs on them but open toes (well obviously I guess or they wouldn't be sandals, lol) but not flip flop type. I'd be hard-pressed to find more comfortable footwear that those.

Mellie0119 said:
Question- so if you're wearing capris- what kind of shoe do you wear with them? I only wear sandals with mine while I'm at home, but that won't cut it in the parks. Do you just wear your good walking shoes and forget it?

From what I read here, there are lots of people walking around the parks wearing those silly looking Crocks, so I hardly think sneakers with capris will look funny.

Todd&Copper said:
From what I read here, there are lots of people walking around the parks wearing those silly looking Crocks, so I hardly think sneakers with capris will look funny.

Oooh, I wear "those silly looking crocs" with my capris when I go to Disney... Boy, I must really, REALLY look like a fool! :crazy:

But am I comfortable? And do my very messed up feet thank me? YOU BET!!!! :wizard:

patrizella said:
I only wear capris. I don't really like shorts. The whole "thigh creep", as someone mentioned it. Hate it!!! To me it is more annoying dealing with shorts than with the little bit of extra leg covered by capris. The light weight material is best.

I don't wear shorts anymore either. Capris all the way for me. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter