Cap'n Jack's Restaurant for non seafood lover?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Is this a restaurant that could satisfy a non-seafood lover? I like seafood a lot, and am thinking of giving it a try. Would my non-seafood lover husband like it? I can only choose one seafood restaurant this trip, and am on the dining plan. I understand that this restaurant is on the plan. Thanks for any advice.

You might want to do a search in this forum on Cap'n Jacks. I made ADRs there then a couple of days ago I read several posts that the place was horrid. No one had anythng good to say about it except that the location was very scenic so I cancelled our ADRs.

If your idea of seafood is fish, shrimp-in-pasta, and/or crab cakes, then this is your kind of place. If you're looking for scallops or crab legs or lobster, I'm afraid you will not find it here.

Your non-seafood eating husband will be fine, because a large part of the menu actually doesn't involve seafood. They have chicken a couple of ways, pasta alfredo, pot roast...

I don't ever plan to return unless they re-work the whole place. I love Captain Jack, but 'his' restaurant ... not so much. Reminds me of a pared-down version of Red Lobster - i.e., without the crab, scallops, or lobster.

May I suggest the Cape May clam Bake as an alternate? plenty of non seafood options...Cap n Jacks is NOT good at all.

WOW!!! I can't believe all the negative reviews!! Thanks for all your honest remarks and for directing me to some reviews. I'm certainly rethinking this decision! I really wanted one dinner in downtown disney, and this was the only restaurant on the dining plan that we haven't tried before. Back to the drawing board! ;) Thanks again!!!!

I went to Captain Jacks many years ago and it was just ok. Have several friends that have gone there recently and it has not been favorable. Just my honest opinion, I would skip Captain Jacks and go to Wolfgang Puck Express (CS) or Raglan Road (TS).

We ate there several years ago. In fact, it was the first year they offered free dining. We were able to get steak and lobster tail. It was very good, but they took the lobster off the menu shortly after that trip. We've been back several times since and have not enjoyed anything we've ordered. It seems like the service really slipped after that first trip.:mad: We haven't bother to even go back for the last year or two. It still gets really bad reviews..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter