Capitan Eo

scrapquitler

DIS Veteran
Exactly where is it and what type of attraction is it? I have a guide book from the library (2010 Frommer's I think) and it isn't listed.
:confused3

It's in EPCOT's World of Imagination where Honey I Shrunk the Audience used to be. It's a 3-D movie with Michael Jackson.

If you love Michael Jackson than go see it but if you dont i'd skip it because I hate hearing how some ppl hate it . It's based in the 80's when everything was cheesy however its MJ and he brings his beautiful voice and electric dance moves.

Of course, to those of us who survived the 80's, it's old home week....:rotfl2:

If you love Michael Jackson than go see it but if you dont i'd skip it because I hate hearing how some ppl hate it . It's based in the 80's when everything was cheesy however its MJ and he brings his beautiful voice and electric dance moves.

Danger! Danger! Nobody's going to tell this Class of 1985 girl that the 80's were cheesy!! :banana:

Well, since now I know that it's a 3D movie, that most likely means that it is a skip for us. Dh has no luck with the 3D movies.

It's totally more awesomer than I remembered. I was smiling the whole time. Even my kids enjoyed it (but they wouldn't admit it to me).

Seriously, it's scifi with a borg/alien queen thingy. Not too scary. My six year old was fine. Starts out with a spaceballs feeling and ends as a rock opera. Hope that's not too many spoilers....

It might be blasphemy, but I think I like EO more than HISTA.

I like to describe it as a creepy waste of time and hands down the worst attraction at Disney. It was a huge disappointment I expected so much from a classic but did not expect it to give my kids nightmares and me the heebiejeebies, but that's just me.

I like to describe it as a creepy waste of time and hands down the worst attraction at Disney. It was a huge disappointment I expected so much from a classic but did not expect it to give my kids nightmares and me the heebiejeebies, but that's just me.

No one forced you to see it. Unless you hate MJ, there's really nothing creepy about it, so I highly recommend seeing it.

I like to describe it as Thriller in space.
I like this, thats exactly how I would describe this.. I had fun. Its cheesy and it made us laugh and brought back a lot of memories from the 80's. Also, the floor moves, nothing major but still pretty neat.

AWWWWWW.... I love Captain EO. DH remembers when it was there originally, but I was too young to remember (I am five years younger than he is). Anywho... I find it really fun! The music is catchy, and its like a prototype for Star Tours LOL!!!

Of course, I've only been able to see it once through completely, as DD was an infant when we went to see it, and she kept crying midway through, so we have to leave the theater so as not to disturb others... bummer!!!!

One word: EWUGGHHHH.

:rotfl2:

We were.... ummm... less than impressed. Now I like MJ as much as the next person, but 'rilly? The little whips that come out of the seats HURT my legs (seriously).

Before we put ourselves through it, I told DH "WE HAVE TO GO SEE THIS! IT JUST RE-OPENED!!"

Lot's of pre-show hype! So excited to sit down and watch it.

Mid-way through the show, I leaned over and whispered (ok, more like 'yelled' because the audio was so bloomin' loud!!!!) "I'M SORRY!!! I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS GOING TO BE THIS BAD!!"

Needless to say it was the running joke for the rest of the trip. :lmao:

:headache:

In 1986 that was a big step in a theme park 3D experience. It was also only brought back because of MJ's death. Yeah, it's cheesy, but it was set in the 80's.

Hubby and I love Captain EO. Yes its cheesy......But isn't that part of what makes it fun?

I love it!!! But have such fond memories of seeing it with my parents when it first came out. :3dglasses. The songs are terrific!!

Aww.. I :love: MK and Captain EO. Also, a bit of history...EO was the first 4D film.

ACK!!! The family we were with wanted to see it, so I was forced to go along. I will never get those precious minutes of my life back....

I grew up with MJ, loved him through my teens, was glued to Thriller, etc. I was around when EO came out the first time. It bit then and it bites now.

The only comment I made to DH during the show was, "Wow....He was really rocking some serious jheri curl back then, wasn't he?" :lmao:

Seeing it won't ruin your trip if you wind up hating it. It will just be wasted time. It is incredibly cheesy and that might amuse you. Or maybe you adore all things MJ and will love it. It's not the worst thing at WDW, but heaven knows it's not the best.

DH, DD11 and I would never go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter