• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May Seafood

Just joining in, haven't been there in a few years.... really... quite a long time ago, way back when I thought they had crab legs, but DH said he doesn't remember if they were on the buffet or not. Now I am curious to know too.
Heading over to all ears to find out, hopefully.

Cape May has many things. Most of the time they have Mussels, clams, crab legs and fried calamari. Along with many hot offerings like chicken, ribs, potatoes, soups and desserts too.

Yes, and for the price you'll pay, they ought to have a lobster on your plate that sings and dances.

Seafood is Expensive anywhere. Captain Georges here in VA Beach is $31.00, in Myrtle Beach it's $36.00. Since Myrtle is more touristy than Va Beach, the price is higher. I love seafood, and Cape May is a way for my husband and I to eat at the same restaurant without eating the same things.

Just ate there a week ago, probably for the last time. Crab legs were not very good, making it very hard to justify the price. Used Tables In Wonderland for 20% discount, but that added on an 18% tip which is rather absurd for a buffet.

Why is 18% absurd for a buffet? Just because you got your own food does not mean you did not have table service. Servers work harder at buffets than at regular restaurants.

Why is 18% absurd for a buffet? Just because you got your own food does not mean you did not have table service. Servers work harder at buffets than at regular restaurants.

That's an opinion.........and one that not many will share, I think.

Just ate there a week ago, probably for the last time. Crab legs were not very good, making it very hard to justify the price. Used Tables In Wonderland for 20% discount, but that added on an 18% tip which is rather absurd for a buffet.

I would pay OOP without TIW discount. A 2% discount isn't anything on a bill if you don't feel the need to tip 18%. My parents have TIW, but we normally don't do buffets, this trip however will be different as we're giving buffets a go again.

Lets leave the tipping discussion alone. Personal tipping habits is not a topic for the board

Thanks!

That is perfectly fine, although I would absolutely love to know why every moderator on here is terrified of a tipping discussion and it usually results in a locked page or blatant censorship. Sheesh

That is perfectly fine, although I would absolutely love to know why every moderator on here is terrified of a tipping discussion and it usually results in a locked page or blatant censorship. Sheesh

Not sure if you read the tipping thread sticky at the top of this forum but it goes into the reasons why there are no tipping discussions.

I see your new. Have you read the forum rules?
If you don't like the process on the DIS, you don't need to participate.
It is a moderated forum and there are specific guidelines. It is what it is.

I personally love Cape May. DH and I dined there for my birthday earlier in June. We were quite pleased. The crab legs were great! DH loves the clams....he ate his fair share!! There is a rotational schedule (I don't know the exact nights) for calamari, fried clams, and fried shrimp.

There are also mussels, salmon, peel & eat shrimp, and clam chowder. There is usually a hot pasta dish comprised of scallops and / or shrimp.

IMO if you are a seafood lover you can't go wrong!!

I would love to try Cape May but dslike seafood.I dont think it would be worth it for our family unless the non seafoods were Really tasty. I have 2 character breakfasts booked already and dont want to add a third. I didnt help OP but hopefully veered off the tip course.

Once you exit the International Gateway about 10 minutes tops. Of course it does depend on how fast of a walker you are.

I would love to try Cape May but dslike seafood.I dont think it would be worth it for our family unless the non seafoods were Really tasty. I have 2 character breakfasts booked already and dont want to add a third. I didnt help OP but hopefully veered off the tip course.

We think this is a great character breakfast...never feel rushed the way we have at some others.

Cape May does NOT have ribs anymore in case thas is important to anyone. It was important to my son LOL:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter