• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May Refurbishment

tralin

Mouseketeer
So Cape May is open again. Does anyone know how much and what work was done? Is the interior changed at all? If so, any pictures?

There was another thread where the OP said the decor had not changed but the menu had. Said no more ribs or Oreo Bon bons.

Why would they actually close it down for so long if the only thing changed was the menu? Kitchen rebrub?

Why would they actually close it down for so long if the only thing changed was the menu? Kitchen rebrub?

As refurbs go, it wasn't closed for very long. Just because it doesn't look different doesn't mean work wasn't done. Since it was a relatively short closure, my guess is they painted, cleaned or replaced carpeting, cleaned or replaced upholstery, perhaps replaced serving carts, and maybe did some kitchen updates.

There has only been 1 report of someone going and they didn't have the ribs or oreo bon bons. Hoping someone else will chime in that has gone since they opened back up that can verify.

We went there tonight and the Oreo Bon Bons are gone. They have replaced them with another chocolate dish that is much better in my opinion. Actually, I think most of the desserts have changed. They don't have the key lime tarts anymore either. I think they were replaced with a Boston Creme Cake that was pretty good as well. They also had a strawberry shortcake dish, some sort of flan, and a mini cheesecake.

I don't remember seeing the ribs but I think the waitress said they were up there. The make your own salad has changed and now there are different pre-made salad dishes to choose from. The NE clam chowder also has changed a little. They still have the crab legs and clams but there are supposed to be some sauces that you can put with them. Those didn't interest me so I didn't look too hard for them. They also added a pork loin to the flank steak area. Other dishes I remember are: corn on the cob, salmon, clam strips, a type of rice dish, red potatoes, mashed potatoes, some sort of pasta, mac and cheese, cheese pizza, fried cod, baked chicken legs, rolls and cornbread.

It seemed that the steamer oven in the center square was replaced with a newer one that looks smaller but from what they were pulling out seemed to hold more. The cookie/brownie cart has been removed and the cookie/brownies are now in the center section along with the corn bread and rolls.

They may have painted the walls but otherwise all the decor seemed the same as before.

When we were there the other night, our waiter said you could buy the Oreo bon bons at the Marketplace. We walked over after dinner but we didn't see any (nor did we ask) so I'm not sure. Our waiter isn't new, he waited on us last year too.

As long as they have anything with chocolate I am good to go.. The Boston Creme sounds delish...May have to stop by the Marketplace to see if they do have some oreo bon bons though to take back to our resort for a midnight snack. HEHE!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter