Cape May Crab Legs

susan137

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if crab legs are on the buffet every night or only certain evenings? :confused3

This was our favorite meal of the trip! We had plates and plates of crab legs. The food was always hot, plentiful and huge variety. Very much worth the cost when your not on the dining plan.
This is great to know! We aren't doing the DDP this trip (January), so this sounds like it might be fun! What else did you enjoy?
thanks!

Not sure if your last post was referring to other TS spots or to other enjoyable foods on CMC buffet? On CMC buffet, we like the clam chowder (I think it's Seafood Chowder now), salad bar, breads, fried shrimp & fried clam strips (last 2 only on certain nights), & peel & eat shrimp.

If you're not on DDP & looking for the "cheaper" Disney meals, Trail's End buffet is a good meal deal, IMO. WCC dinner skillet (don't like the lunch skillet) is all care to eat; I like it; some don't. Boma breakfast is character free & not as expensive as other breakfast buffets & it's good.

Many TS & CS spots have entrees that can easily be shared & still be full - at a cheap price.

Enjoy!

This was our favorite meal of the trip! We had plates and plates of crab legs. The food was always hot, plentiful and huge variety. Very much worth the cost when your not on the dining plan.

:cool1:
We are very much looking forward to trying this next trip, especially DS who LOVES crab legs. Tho they are not Alaskan King, they'll do just fine.

:thumbsup2

Peel and eat shrimp and very good desserts

Are the "peel & eat" shrimp back on the menu??? They weren't there the last time we were there earlier this year :confused3 They're my hubby's favorite, especially when we take our own cajun spices to sprinkle on top ;)

Not sure if your last post was referring to other TS spots or to other enjoyable foods on CMC buffet?
Enjoy!

My post was referring to CMC.....I tend to post like im having a conversation with someone instead of writing to them....i look back at some of my posts and think WOW how did I make it through college! :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading my mind and the great response!!!:thumbsup2

A couple of weeks ago peeled shrimp with cocktail sauce on the side was on the salad side of the buffet. We joked that it's a deluxe resort, they peeled the shrimp for us! I would assume the salad bar side doesn't change, though they might go back to peel-n-eat anytime.

They also have steamed clams and mussels. We enjoy the buffet very much and are booked for our next trip in 3 weeks. Lots of variety and has always been hot and replenished often.

I was just on the Dining tab checking out menus and noticed that the menu for Cape May Cafe is not listing crab legs as part of the menu. The menu appears to have been updated 08/12. Have they recently removed the crab legs or have they just been omitted from the menu? Anyone been in September that can confirm crab legs still there? and if so are they available every day or just certain nights?

I was just on the Dining tab checking out menus and noticed that the menu for Cape May Cafe is not listing crab legs as part of the menu. The menu appears to have been updated 08/12. Have they recently removed the crab legs or have they just been omitted from the menu? Anyone been in September that can confirm crab legs still there? and if so are they available every day or just certain nights?

We were there last week and they had the crab legs. Unfortunately we also had very poor service which really diminished my enjoyment of the crab legs, but there's always next trip!

I loved Cape May a couple years ago. So looking forward to dining again in 11 weeks. But I'm not counting or anything...

A couple of weeks ago peeled shrimp with cocktail sauce on the side was on the salad side of the buffet. We joked that it's a deluxe resort, they peeled the shrimp for us! I would assume the salad bar side doesn't change, though they might go back to peel-n-eat anytime.

When we were there last, they had the shrimp in the salad section and they put a very light dressing on them and made them into some sort of salad. We did use them like "peel & eat" but had to ask for some cocktail sauce from the kitchen (there was none on the buffet). That was back in April though. Wish they would go back to the regular "peel & eat" though ::yes:: Also, return their other menu items they took off :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter