Cape May Clam Bake

No, it's in the Cape May restaurant inside the lobby of the Beach Club... but on the beach would be a fun idea!

My husband and I love this buffet. We love clams and mussels so we really get our money's worth. The have a seafood side and the other side is chicken, ribs, carved prime rib.
When we went in December they no longer had the warm peel and eat shrimp on the seafood side, but rather cold ones on the salad bar section.
We really like the food, I know this gets mixed reviews, but if you like clams and mussels this is the place to eat.

We heard bad reviews but decided to try this anyway. We loved it and I just booked it for this summer!

I ate here this past December, and it was the worst meal I had in 5 days. If you are accustomed to real clambakes, this will most likely disappoint. Most of the clam and mussel shells were empty, and the ones that had the critters still in 'em were shrunk away to nothing. The salmon was awful (I think they got a bad batch of salmon to WDW that week...didn't have a decent piece anywhere!). The place was noisy, the waitstaff stressed and unfriendly. I did like some of the salad items and the carved roast wasn't bad...but if you know real New England clambakes...this falls exceedingly far short.

We just ate there, 2 days ago, It was very good, well worth it, the clams were very tender, shirmp very tasty, we loved the deserts mmmmmm
Our 3rd time there, It never disapoints.
Some say they dont like it, all I say is you cant please everyone, and I come
from a "real fishing" family in the North East.

Some say they dont like it, all I say is you cant please everyone, and I come
from a "real fishing" family in the North East.
Yeah, but South Jersey is a far cry from good old New England cooking!:rotfl2: ;) JK...

UrsulasShadow, I could not agree with you more.
Not even close to a delicious traditional New England style clam bake or clam boil.:sail: :fish: Acceptable if you like Red Lobster style frozen seafood.

But once again, to each his own...different strokes for different folks.

Cape May is on our never return list!:eek:

Mrs. Disney Ron:bride:

I believe they may have a new chef and we should give him some time to maybe make this a bit more authentic, my understanding is that he is from the Northeast too.....

We ate there in September, I live on Cape Cod, it was good....but not authentic to me as a clam bake. Personally, I am going to watch this restaurant and hope for lots of positive changes.

I love the Cape May Buffet. It isn't outdoors but the food is good and make sure to try the Oreo Bon-bon's!!

I love the Cape May Buffet. It isn't outdoors but the food is good and make sure to try the Oreo Bon-bon's!!

OMG, those things were awful! A cookie with a grey gelatinous mass on top? :scared: I spit mine out into a napkin! (I know, TMI). Wow, I guess there's a real variety of tastes out there, huh?

This used to be my favorite restaurant on property, but it has really gone downhill over the past couple of years.

After our most recent visit in December, I don't think we'll be going back.

WOW!!! As I read these and other posts about the Clam Bake, I wonder if I should brave it out or cancel my ADR's.:confused3 :confused3

WOW!!! As I read these and other posts about the Clam Bake, I wonder if I should brave it out or cancel my ADR's.:confused3 :confused3

NEVER change your ADRs based on reviews on these boards! Things one person HATES about a restaurant may be the very thing another LOVES (take note of oreo cookie opinions). Try it, and form your own opinions.

Im sorry that some of you dont like this place, but if I may, I spent many years fishing on a "sport boat" here in South Jersey. So the poster that
"Flamed me " about South Jersey Fisherman BITE ME !!
WE dont over fish our waters, and dont have to move on to other states waters to make a catch ! :confused3 , we try to protect ours, not over fish it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
So dont confuse me with somone that doesnt know or care !!

BTW, dont buy Canadian caught fish till they change their limits !!

Umm, dear, nobody flamed you about south jersey fishermen....don't get your panties in a twist. We were talking about Cape May as a clambake, and that nobody does a clambake like New England....not the merits of one group of fishermen over another. AND, I was just funnin' ya (see smiley in post)...what? No sense of humor in South Jersey?

UrsulasShadow, I could not agree with you more.
Not even close to a delicious traditional New England style clam bake or clam boil.:sail: :fish: Acceptable if you like Red Lobster style frozen seafood.

But once again, to each his own...different strokes for different folks.

Cape May is on our never return list!:eek:

Mrs. Disney Ron:bride:

Well, I'm not from the NE, but to a landlocked east Texan it was good last Sept. We all liked it and will definitely return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter