• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May Clam Bake: Beverage EXTRA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimkim

Mouseketeer
OK, I know this is really trivial, but I am just doing the math to see if the DDP is really worth it for us or not. I am not on FD, so I'll be paying for the full DDP myself (I am using the room discount which worked out better).

One buffet I have booked is the Cape May Clam Bake. It's the only buffet where I see the beverage listed as being EXTRA. If I'm on the DDP, will I still be charged for a non-alcoholic drink?

Thanks!
Kim

We were on th DxDP when we ate there in February and there was no additional charge for non-alcoholic beverages at breakfast or dinner.

I have used the DDP every time we have gone and we have never been charged for a non alcoholic beverage. I have also done the math and it was always worked out that we saved money using the DDP :)

Must be a tight budget if you are worried about the cost of a cup of pop. :rolleyes1

You know I admitted I was being trivial in my post. I don't think it's in the spirit of these boards to 'roll your eyes' and make judgements about my budget though. I asked a simple question out of curiosity so I can figure out what is best for me.

These boards are so helpful to so many people. It's really a shame you felt the need to be negative.

The price of drinks can add up quickly for a family if you haven't budgeted for it. The OP was just asking a question.

When you are on the DDP, you don't get charged for extra increases-ie Le Cellier on the kids meal there is an extra $2 charge for steak. There is also one I believe at WCC for the kids skillet-which is also covered.

I read the comment re budget as a joke - and laughed, if it had been directed @ me I probably wouldn't have been offended. But then I'm not easily offended. That's a problem with on line humor - what would be funny said in a certain tone isn't always perceived as such typed in black and white in cold cyberspace.
It is good to know that the beverages @ Cape May are included.

Must be a tight budget if you are worried about the cost of a cup of pop. :rolleyes1
Tight budget, nothing. The OP is simply comparing prices in an attempt to get the best value for her vacation dollars spent. That's it. Soda included or not isn't going to affect whether or not she goes to Walt Disney World, it simply affects her decision whether or not to include the Dining Plan as part of her package.

I read the comment re budget as a joke - and laughed, if it had been directed @ me I probably wouldn't have been offended. But then I'm not easily offended.

I'm usually not easily offended either. I just felt like it was a judgemental response and didn't serve any purpose. It also made me feel bad for posting the question in the first place (especially with the 'rolling eyes'). I'm of the mindset that if you can't say something constructive, then don't say anything at all!

I really appreciate all the responses and information from everyone else. That's what makes these boards so amazing!

Kim

Kind of tells us for some customers the DDP is no longer a slam dunk savings. The fact that the cost of a cup of pop is the difference between the plan saving money and not much more then breaking even says alot.

Your post would have been a little snarky and a little rude if the OP had said what you thought she said. Instead your post had nothing to do with the question/point raised by the OP.

None of this thread has anything to do with the question now, so I am closing it.

A nonalcoholic beverage IS included in the DDP allotment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter