Cape May Character Breakfast....

tony609

"I've Gotta Show To Do"
We have a reservation at 8:30. EPCOT opens at 9:00am.. can we enter thru EPCOT and walk to Yacht and Beach club? What is the best way to go. We are staying at CBR..TIA

I would say no. I think you have to have an early ADR inside Epcot (Akershus) to be allowed in before opening. Where are you coming from? Your best bet might be taking a bus to DHS and a boat from DHS to BC. Or taking a cab from your resort.

Unfortunately since your ADR is for 8:30am and EPCOT doesn't open until 9, there is no way you can walk from EPCOT entrance to the IG. At about a 1/2 hour or so before park opens, they will allow you to go into the park but only as far as Innovations for RD, the only way around the RD is if you have a ADR for Akershus Restaurant (there are CMs there with clip boards that have the names and Conf #s of those that can get past the ropes). With that said, your only best bet would be to take a bus from CBR over to DHS and then either take the boat over to BC or walk from DHS to BC, mind you the walk is a good 15-20 minute walk, however, the boat could take awhile especially if you have to wait for one. We will be having this same problem our first full day because we have a 8am ADR breakfast at Cape May and EPCOT does not open until 9 so we are bussing over to DHS and taking the boat over to B&C. Mind you also, since DHS does have a character breakfast in the park, they will be having a character breakfast bus that will start running about one hour before the park opens.

I have done this before and did the boat, I was just hoping to skip the boat. Thats ok though. IWe will just take a bus to DHS and then hop the bus to Beach Club....thanks for the replies.

I don't think there are buses from the Studios to the Beach Club either. You can only take the boat or walk.

I would think your only option at that hour, and definitely the easiest, is to just take a cab. $8-$12 or so when you include a tip maybe?

We had a similar situation last year and indeed, HAD to take a CAB..

I believe it cost us about $15...from POFQ to Beach Club.

We talked to the EPCOT and MGM drivers of buses and they told us a cab is really the only safe way we could get there in time.

When I took DD to Akerhaus breakfast before park opening in Dec 08, the CM at the early breakfast turnstile DID have a list of ADRs at Cape May Cafe and was letting people in through Epcot. I am not sure if it has changed since then. That being said, I would recommend the cab option. That is what we did during the same trip from POP.

Your two options are the bus to DHS and the boat, or the cab. If it was me, I'd take the cab. We took the first option last year and it was slow. We were late.

HB

I don't have an answer for you...so I would suggest listening to everyone else. I just wanted to say that this is one of our favorite breakfasts. We do it everytime we are in WDW. Enjoy!!!

Definitely - without hestation - use a TAXI.

Call your CBR front desk CM's the night before and ask for a taxi from CBR to the Beach Club at 7:30 AM. You will pay about $10 with tip, well worth it, for door to door service. You will be at the BC by 8 AM. They have a very nice gift shop to check out.

You will be less stressed and enjoy the Cape May Buffet and characters in beach clothes.:woohoo:

After breakfast, I would suggest either walk or boat to EPCOT or boat to DHS. The friendship boat to the parks will be a nice way to end your breakfast. :upsidedow

Another option would be a bus to DTD and one back to the Beach Club but not sure how early they run to DTD.

Cab is the better option of all, really.

I would taxi it but since you were willing to walk all the way through Epcot, why not take a bus to DHS and then walk from there? We stay BC/YC all of the time and really enjoy the walk to/from DHS (we hate that boat). The walk from DHC to BC isn't any longer than the walk from the front of Epcot.

Definitely - without hestation - use a TAXI.

Call your CBR front desk CM's the night before and ask for a taxi from CBR to the Beach Club at 7:30 AM. You will pay about $10 with tip, well worth it, for door to door service. You will be at the BC by 8 AM. They have a very nice gift shop to check out.

You will be less stressed and enjoy the Cape May Buffet and characters in beach clothes.:woohoo:

After breakfast, I would suggest either walk or boat to EPCOT or boat to DHS. The friendship boat to the parks will be a nice way to end your breakfast. :upsidedow

Thanks i am definately doing the taxi for convenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter