Cape May Cafe

mmtska

I dreamed of a wish and it came true!
I got a chance to eat a late dinner at CMC the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I got seated right away, and thought all the CMs were super nice. I was seated pretty close to the buffet station, which was nice because this was an impromptu solo trip. I wasn't interested in alcohol, but they have a nice selection of drinks for those who are. The server came around, got my drink order and told me a little bit about the buffet. And off I went.

Even though it was about a half hour before the restaurant was closed, they kept bringing out fresh, hot food for the buffet, pretty constantly. I tried just about everything-crab legs were delicious, clam chowder was amazing, and the lobster tortellini was, well....I don't even know. I could have made 4 plates of just that stuff! The line was a little confusing, but I didn't have to wait too long, and there was plenty of food. For non-seafood lovers, I tried the ribs-YUM and the mac and cheese-not bad, but more velveeta style. There was chicken, pizza, chicken nuggets and so on.

I had to try an oreo bon-bon, and for those who don't think they're all that, FINE I'll eat them all lol! I shouldn't have eaten them because I'm sure they're full of sugar, but I had to. I have a friend who works there who let me know the sugar free dessert looked amazing and suggested I ask for it. I did and it tasted just as good as it looked-OMG. Delicious!

I'm making an ADR for here when we go this summer!!

Thanks for the review, we only ever go for breakfast, it is one of our favorite character meals on property, but would love to try it out for dinner sometime. We are not big into the mussels and clams thing, but everything that you said you tried sounds amazing. We are going to be staying at BCV in May, I'm going to have to look to see if we can fit this meal in somewhere since we will be so close to the restaurant :thumbsup2. Thanks again.

Yay! I'm glad to hear it was so delicious. We are staying at BCV next September and even if we weren't we would've made ADRs here for DH who LOVES :love: crab!

Thanks for the review - we have been thinking of added this to our list.
I have been reading good reviews and I was worried the seafood would be blah after sitting on a buffet!
Thanks for the tip:banana:

My husband would go every night of our vacation if I let him.

Previous poster: Go Orange! Syracuse here too.

Yum!
I will be eating there solo tomorrow night. So happy!:goodvibes

My husband would go every night of our vacation if I let him.

Previous poster: Go Orange! Syracuse here too.

Well........I may be the only person in Syracuse that is not an SU fan..:confused3 sorry...... But Go Dolphins (LeMoyne):)

I have to give a shout out for the Cape May Character Breakfast.. we tried this last weekend and loved it! The buffet was great and the character interaction just rocked.

We will definitely be trying Cape May again, maybe for dinner too!

I think Cape May is a hidden gem of Disney dining. :thumbsup2

:santa:

We absolutely love the Cape May Clambake and usually do it twice every trip!! We have never done the breakfast there but we are next trip, I made our ADR's last week. Can't wait to go back!!

Carla

Our family ate dinner there twice the week before Thanksgiving!!! The food,service,and ambiance was very good.I just about went into a crab leg coma-They were very good and plentiful;so much,I did'nt bother to eat anything else other than some clams,calamari+orebons!!!My DW ate her fill of clams,mussels+fried calamari(most excellent-went very well with the crab legs!).Our DD's loved the clam chowder,ribs,and mac and cheese(best that we've encountered at WDW).Cape May Cafe,is hands down our favorite for dinner,We did try little bits of other things that were good too.Cape May Cafe has been very good each time-twice every trip for the last 3 years(even without the crab legs)!!! They really have it together-at least when we've been there!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Is Cape May Dinner buffet one dinner credit or 2?

Amazingly, it is 1 credit. On allears, they list the 'specials' for the night. Wednesday is Fried shrimp. I know this because I can't get a reservation for the 8th. :mad:

I'm just going for a day trip but I'm going to keep trying. I currently was able to snag a 4:40 res at 50s Prime Time after only being able to get a 3:25 res there for the past week. Just tonight the 4:40 opened up. Yup I cancelled the 3:25.

If I can snag a CMC for dinner I will cancel the 50s res.

Cape May Clambake is great! My family is not seafood eaters, but we still love it. My children have made it a must on our ADR's. Never tried the breakfast, I will have to look into it!

We went to the clambake for the first time in September. I don't know why we never went before but it was so good we will definitely put on must list from now on. Our server was fantastic and so was the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter