• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape May Cafe or Chef Mickey's?

cderouen

Southern Belle
Can't decide which one to go to! Which one is better in terms of atmosphere, characters, etc?

Thank you! :)

We like them both, but I would say Chef Mickey is better. The food is pretty much the same, but the characters differ a little. Cape May has Minnie, Donald, and Goofy, and they are dressed in beach attire. Chef Mickey has those characters plus Mickey and Pluto. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but the two extra characters (especially Mickey) was nice.

Definitely a vote for CMC, CM's is so not worth it to us anymore. The food has gone downhill, the characters speed through and it's the most expensive (over-priced buffet) even at breakfast and definitely doesn't live up to many of the other breakfast buffets (and dinner forget it). Our last dining experience there was a big disappointment when we went for dd's birthday, no more...

We miss Chip n Dale at the CMC, Donald is there now and it's just not the same with out those "silly" guys.:thumbsup2 But the food is much better there than CM (IMHO anyway) and the characters spend more time at the table with you.;)

Another vote for CMC. We have done both numerous times and never had a bad meal at CMC and love the character interactions. We felt the food has always been good at CMC where at Chef Mickeys it has gone downhill. I also love to see the characters in their beach attire.

We've eaten at both many times and like them both, but if we had to choose between them, our choice would be Cape May.

CMC definitely has better food and better atmosphere and I love seeing the characters in beach attire. But if there is someone in your party that has their heart on seeing Mickey, CMC doesn't have Mickey...only Chef Mickey does. Our last trip we did CMC and Tusker House and so we got to see all the characters that way and the food is better.

CMC is far better than Chef Mickeys in my opinion. First, its one of the quietest character meals. Second, the food is much better. And third, the atmosphere is prettier. :thumbsup2

We love both there 2 of our favorites the atmospheres are totally different between the 2 I agree with another poster Cape May used to be better with Chip & Dale but we still love both, Chef Mickeys is much more crowded and noisy where CMC is much more reserved and laid back. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either just depends on what you're looking for. Food is a little better at Cape May but bigger selection at Chef Mickey's.

I have never been a fan of Chef Mickeys. I always felt the food wasn't as good as other buffet places. We are finally going to try Cape May for breakfast on the next trip.

This time we are trying out Cape May. Mostly because it is closer to Boardwalk and secondly to try someplace new.

Here's another "try something other than Chef Mickey's" vote. Never tried Cape May, but our last visit to Chef Mickey's was less than stellar. No one in our group of five was happy with the quality of the food, especially at the price. Really think CM has become one of the worst values in WDW, IMHO.

We weren't planning to do CM's on our last visit in 2011, but when one of the kiddos seemed disappointed, I relented. Afterwords, that same kiddo came to me and said, "sorry, dad, you were right about that, that kinda sucked." And this was from the kid who eats essentially anything not nailed down.

I know opinions of a place can vary widely from person to person, but even a couple of other long-time Disneygoers I know had remarked that Chef Mickey's had really gone south. Don't pretend to have any idea why that perception is out there, just know I concur with it. Lots of better options in WDW.

Goofy's Breakfast at Cape May is a family favorite. When staying at BWV, we try to make this our last day breakfast!!!
I've done Chef Mickey's more times than I can remember. I no longer go there. It just isn't the same. The food quality has gone downhill, it is too loud and crazy in there. Cape May is soooo much nicer. The food quality is good, the CMs are terrific and I love the characters there.

Thank you for all of the advice. Unfortunately CMC is filled up the week we will be there.

I made reservations at Chef Mickey's but now am thinking of canceling and going to Ohana's. The breakfast times are a little later and I have seen some good reviews on here. Also, my son LOVES Lilo and Stitch. Has anyone been there?

Ohanas is great for breakfast with characters.
Never tried dinner there.

Keep trying to CMC, especially when you are on property and at the 24 hr mark. There is a good chance there might be cancellations.

Keep checking online for cmc. never know when someone might cancel.

Thank you for all of the advice. Unfortunately CMC is filled up the week we will be there.

I made reservations at Chef Mickey's but now am thinking of canceling and going to Ohana's. The breakfast times are a little later and I have seen some good reviews on here. Also, my son LOVES Lilo and Stitch. Has anyone been there?

Ohana's is a family favourite for breakfast. Fantastic food and awesome character interaction. So relaxing with the meal served family-style, right to your table.

Check out my trip report from Christmas week, found here, for lots of photos and a write up of our most recent visit:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415&page=6

Ohana's breakfast begins at post 87.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter