Cape May Cafe for dinner?

Smiles4DW

Wanted: Pixie Dust
I have never eaten at Cape May and have an ADR for dinner. Can anyone tell me how they liked it? What was good? What should I avoid? Thanks!!:smickey:

We have been many times and really, really enjoyed it. There is peel n eat shrimp, depending on the night crab legs, little clams, great assortment of sides, soups, salads, breads. The desserts are fantastic. There is also a carving station and a children's selection. Great place to go. Don't think you would be disappointed. Items to avoid - haven't run into one yet!

We love Cape May. It's one of our favorites and is a must do for us every trip. The buffet, IMO, is great with a lot of variety :).

It's fine. I like to go on the nights they have fried shrimp. They are excellent.

Enjoy!

:)

Cape May breakfast buffet is our favorite meal on the property. We do it at least twice each trip. We had heard good things about the dinner buffet/clam bake, so we did it as our first dinner our last trip. The warning that I give is that if you are a big seafood person, you might not be impressed. We are from New Orleans, so what they served there wasn't anything exciting. For someone who doesn't have the best seafood in the world at their finger tips every day, they may think it's amazing. But in our opinion, the clam bake seafood was about the same as getting a steak at Ryan's on steak night and comparing it to Ruth Chris... I mean it's a steak, and it gets the job done. But in comparison, it's kinda a let down. We were VERY sad because we love CMC and were hoping that the clam bake could become a staple in our trips. We will stick to the character breakfast from now on though :(

Again, this is from people who eat amazing seafood all the time so it's hard to compare. If you don't eat much seafood, you will probably love it! The atmosphere at the Beach Club can't be beat and the layout of the buffet is one of the best at Disney. Give it a try. Hopefully you guys love it!

We ate there last month and it was great as usual. They didn't serve the peel and eat shrimp this time. They had a bowl of cold shrimp already peeled and it was delicious. It is our favorite restaurant at WDW and we eat there on every trip. In fact my husband wants to eat dinner there twice on our next trip. :)

We're from Chicago so we are only picky about our steak and our deep dish pizza. ;) You can get a much better steak around here. And I won't touch pizza in WDW. :)

We ate at Cape May Cafe Seafood dinner this past January. I thought it was awful. We ate there the previous January and thought it was okay. We were staying at the BWI so this was a close venue for dinner. I really didn't want to go again but my son did, as he enjoyed the crab legs last visit. So, I agreed to try it again.

There was absolutely nothing on the buffet that I enjoyed. I think the crab legs are soggy. Now, I'm not a huge fan of crab legs so someone else may think they are good as stated in the responses you have already received. The other items just seemed below quality, mass-produced, over-salted, soggy _________. The word I wanted to use would be insulting to those who enjoy this meal, so I left it out.

I am not an overly picky eater, and I don't complain about Disney food, but I thought this buffet was poor quality. My son didn't enjoy it this time around either. I was not impressed with the desserts. At least last year they had the chocolate covered oreos but those were not available this visit.

But, I will say that I have read dreadful reviews of some restaurants and I loved them. So everyone is different.

Cape May breakfast buffet is our favorite meal on the property. We do it at least twice each trip. We had heard good things about the dinner buffet/clam bake, so we did it as our first dinner our last trip. The warning that I give is that if you are a big seafood person, you might not be impressed. We are from New Orleans, so what they served there wasn't anything exciting. For someone who doesn't have the best seafood in the world at their finger tips every day, they may think it's amazing. But in our opinion, the clam bake seafood was about the same as getting a steak at Ryan's on steak night and comparing it to Ruth Chris... I mean it's a steak, and it gets the job done. But in comparison, it's kinda a let down. We were VERY sad because we love CMC and were hoping that the clam bake could become a staple in our trips. We will stick to the character breakfast from now on though :(

Again, this is from people who eat amazing seafood all the time so it's hard to compare. If you don't eat much seafood, you will probably love it! The atmosphere at the Beach Club can't be beat and the layout of the buffet is one of the best at Disney. Give it a try. Hopefully you guys love it!

glad to have seen this because I did have high hopes, but seeing as how I've lived my whole life near the coast of New England.....I probably will be disappointed. So I guess I better lower my expectations, lol. I'll just be happy to get *any* seafood at all since there's not many places at WDW to get it.

I think part of the reason we were so disappointed is because we had such high expectations. Like I said, the breakfast is hands down our favorite meal on the property. So we were so excited about the dinner. If we ate the same thing somewhere else we probably wouldn't have been so disappointed in it, just thought I wasn't a very good meal. It was just the fact that it was CMC and we didn't like it bummed us out...

We've eaten there 3 times and have always been very satisfied. We've eaten at many seafood restaurants and have always found their crab legs to be very fresh. Also, certain times of year are going to be better than others in terms of freshness. They have the steam tables right there in the middle of the buffet and constantly replenish all of the steamed seafood.

We have ate at Cape May several times.

We have always found it delicious and pleasing.

We really enjoy the freshness after all the park food. I always start off with soup, salad, & fruit. The salmon with fresh green beans is really good. I also enjoy the fried shrimp and cod nuggets when they have them. So very good and refreshing. It is like having a fresh meal from home to me.

Smiles4DW said:
I have never eaten at Cape May and have an ADR for dinner. Can anyone tell me how they liked it? What was good? What should I avoid? Thanks!!:smickey:

We are in the minority....we were not happy with it. We are from upstate NY and have been to many seafood restaurants on the east coast. The food was hmmmfff. Nothing to write home about. We also went in August soon after they reopened and no one knew what they were doing with seating and directing people into serving lines.

We love Cape May.

We vacation in Cape Cod and Ocean City, MA. My family loves seafood. We also dine in NYC fairly often. Disney's food cannot compare in any way.

People rave about the cupcakes at Starring Rolls, but it won't compare to crumbs or magnolias in NYC. We've had burgers and pizza from the BEST places in NYC, will never compare to the ones at disney. We've had crab legs fresh from New England harbors, and disney cannot compete.

But, disney food as a whole, especially for a family who loves seafood, Cape May is darn good! When you live near (or at have HAD) the best, it's best to NOT compare, because it will be disappointing. So I say YES to Cape May for a seafood lover!!

My sister and I went for dinner back in oct 2011 for the so called New England clambake. Shrimp was fine but went because they stated they had steamers which I love but was disappointed on the size. They were so small and being from the New England area we are use to large steamers. The food was hot and tasted good but will most likely not go back.

Cape May & Yachtman Steakhouse are DHs favorites, and are his only 2 requests. I'm not a seafood lover, but they offer quite a bit of non seafood items for me. They have great fresh salads, carved meats, pastas & deserts. So DH gets excited to go because reg seafood places at home don't offer tons of non seafood items for me ('so we never go), so it's a big treat for him.

The Cape May dinner is great! Even if you don't like seafood, there are many other choices.

I've only been there once, so I may have gone on an off-day, but I distinctly remember being FREEZING COLD in that restaurant. I was there in August, so it was 100+ degrees outside but man, I wished I'd had a sweater. Like I said, I have no idea if it's always like that...but just wanted to warn you in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter