Cape May Cafe Clambake, love it or hate it??

Did you love or hate Cape May Cafe Clambake Buffet?

• Loved it!

• Hated it!

Results are only viewable after voting.

PrincessTigerLily

DIS Veteran
I have not heard much about this buffet dinner, did ya like it ? Did you hate it? Understandably, one must be a somewhat fan of seafood to enjoy this, but would you do this one again? Looking forward to your feedback!

My sister and I ate there last year and we loved it. The seafood was so fresh and the desserts are awesome. Plus we had the best server. I would definately try it.

Now I'm from east Texas and granted we don't get 'good' seafood here. However, we always like it. People from New England usually say it's not any good. So depending on where you're from and what you are used to, will determine if you like it or not. My mom is not a clam or mussel person and turned green just looking at them, but loved everything else. Their oreo bon bons are great. We've found that if you get there just as they open that the clams and mussels are better (otherwise it seems we get alot of empty shells). They really don't have that much seafood--just clams, mussels, boiled shrimp, and some salmon.

I think it depends on what you call seafood. If you like Red Lobster, you will like it.

Like Aubriee said, if you are from the coast, you won't like it.

My family could eat their weight in clams, musscles, and shrimp.

I guess I'm the few who don't like it anymore. It used to be unbelievable. Growing up it was our family's favorite restaurant- it's gone way down hill from then. I mean if you hadn't been years ago, I guess, I could see someone saying it's good, but not great. The quality of food is not like it used to be, the options aren't like they used to be & the buffet line has the worst flow, or lack there of, ever! Add on top of that all the GOD AWEFULL Heelys (sp?)!!! The last time we went there were children riding around the buffet line in heelys with a plate of food, while people are trying to go in both directions, in a line that should only be going ONE WAY!!! :mad: :scared1: I'm done. :laughing:

In all seriousness, it was unbelievable, now it's mediocre, to my family at least.

BTW- They used to give med. sized, metal sand buckets that you filled up with the mussels & clams, it really added to the atmosphere & helped with not needing to go into hell, I mean the buffet line, so much. :rolleyes:

it was very good, but i didn't eat any seafood. still they had great pasta and salad dishes. it is really worth a try!

I voted "Loved It!"

True, if you're a seafood snob, this isn't for you. But the clam chowder and steamed clams tasted yummy to me, and there is a huge variety of other types of foods. Every member of my family (including a VERY PICKY not-quite-3-year-old) found several things that they loved. And I agree with the other posters - the desserts do rock!!

We really love it. It's a great place to do your first night. It's noisy if the kids are tired, the kids get to color on the table "cloth", and they will bring you pitchers of beer to go with your clams :love: . The service is very good. I do agree that the buffet line flow is not that great. It's a huge rectangle and people come and go from all directions...there really is no one "correct" way.

You needed an option for 'it's okay'. The food, when I could get to it, was very good. The problem though was that as mentioned before, the lines and flow are a nightmare and more often than not the clams and other yummy bivalves would be empty. We were there in September thinking it would not be busy, but the lines for food were chaotic, and I am almost afraid to go again this April when it will be peak season.

The last time we were there was in December 2005. I thought it was just mediocre. It was toward the end of the evening (8:30 or so). Much of the food was dried out as if it had been overcooked. The restaurant itself was messy--there was food all over the floor and the it looked as if steam tables had not been wiped off all evening. It was our first night in Disney--so that experience wasn't so magical for us. We had eaten there in 2000 as well-it was great back then, so I truly felt let down.

I think it depends on what you call seafood. If you like Red Lobster, you will like it.

Like Aubriee said, if you are from the coast, you won't like it.

My family could eat their weight in clams, musscles, and shrimp.

We're not from the coast by any means, and we didn't like it. IMHO the seafood quality was not on par with Red Lobster, or even Golden Corral. More like Ponderosa.

Maybe we caught them on a bad night. But we've only had 2 disappointing TS experiences at WDW, and this was one of them.

If I want quantity over quality, I go for Cape May. I grew up in New England and had good fresh seafood available all the time. Cape May is not great, but it is acceptable when I am on the mood for lots of clams and shrimp.

I do agree, though, that the flow is terrible.

We were there three weeks ago for the first time and enjoyed it. Didn't have much seafood, but we enjoyed the American side very much. My husband loved the ribs and roast beef. All the sides, salads and desserts were excellent. I thought the area around the buffet was a little tight, but it was busy (free dining) and wasn't a big deal.

We love this place. I am from NE and like most shellfish but do not eat peel and eat shrimp, steamers or mussels. DH loves the littlenecks and we find a ton of stuff to eat here. It is a must do for every trip...headed back in 3 weeks!

WE HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND HAVE ALWAYS LOVED IT. BUT NOW YOU HAVE TO PEEL YOUR OWN SHRIMP !! YUK!!:sad2:

FYI...in Feb and April they had each of the 4 sides clearly marked with an ENTRANCE and EXIT sign...you could not go around and around, you just go in line at each corner of the square serving area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter