Cape May Cafe Buffet Rotating Menu items

amcnj

DIS Veteran
Hi. Does anyone know if there are still some menu items that rotate based upon the day of the week at the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet, and if so what items are available on which days?

Thanks.

Seafood Selections
Snow Crab Legs, Steamed Clams, Prince Edward Island Sound Mussels,
Baked Seasonal Fish, Tortellini with Lobster Sauce, Seafood Pot Pie,
and Fried Cod (Sunday and Friday),
Batter-Fried Calamari (Tuesday and Thursday),
Fried Shrimp (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday)

I thought crab legs were available every day?? If not, DH is not going to be happy...

I'm curious about whether the dinner menu at Cape May Cafe changes based on what day of the week you go.

is the information above (from 2011) still accurate?

I'm curious about whether the dinner menu at Cape May Cafe changes based on what day of the week you go.

is the information above (from 2011) still accurate?

The menu has changed slightly since 2011. I know people have mentioned the oreo bon bons are no longer available and there were some other changes as well.

I don't frequent Cape May but recall posts with the new menu and new rotation of items. Hopefully, someone will come along and post the new information again.

I was pretty sure I read that fried shrimp/crab legs were Wednesday and Sunday because I specifically booked these days...

I would love to know as my kids love fried shrimp. We have a Monday res which I will switch to Sunday if need be.

I would love to know as my kids love fried shrimp. We have a Monday res which I will switch to Sunday if need be.

I wouldn't get too excited about the fried shrimp, or change my plans just to be there for it. We just ate there tonight & I was looking forward to fried shrimp. Boy was I disappointed. The fried shrimp was, shall I say "shrimppy"! As in very tiny shrimp with a pale mushy coating. Nothing like I expect fried shrimp to be. I was hoping for good sized pieces with a crispy dark breading. If it wasn't labeled, I wouldn't have taken it for fried shrimp

The kids section had fried cod pieces which were fried & crispy. They were good as was the marinated cold shrimp (these were nice big shrimp). I don't eat crab legs, but they looked big & there were plenty of them.

I wouldn't get too excited about the fried shrimp, or change my plans just to be there for it. We just ate there tonight & I was looking forward to fried shrimp. Boy was I disappointed. The fried shrimp was, shall I say "shrimppy"! As in very tiny shrimp with a pale mushy coating. Nothing like I expect fried shrimp to be. I was hoping for good sized pieces with a crispy dark breading. If it wasn't labeled, I wouldn't have taken it for fried shrimp

The kids section had fried cod pieces which were fried & crispy. They were good as was the marinated cold shrimp (these were nice big shrimp). I don't eat crab legs, but they looked big & there were plenty of them.

Thanks for the info because I was just about to do an awful lot of changing to make this work!!

We were there on a Friday a few weeks ago and they had fried calamari. I wouldn't set your heart on anything based on what's been listed.

That schedule changed last year. Not sure what the new rotation is, but the only thing I cared about was the fried cod, and it has now been moved to the kids station, and is there every day. So I am good with either calamari or shrimp and/or whatever else they might be rotating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter