Cape May Cafe 10/20/2012

TheBum

Going to Disney again?? OK!
First, let me say the food tasted wonderful. However, 4 of the 5 in my party all woke up at 2:30 this morning vomiting violently. Anyone else at the seafood buffet 10/20 and experience the same? Really puts a damper on the next couple of days.

First, let me say the food tasted wonderful. However, 4 of the 5 in my party all woke up at 2:30 this morning vomiting violently. Anyone else at the seafood buffet 10/20 and experience the same? Really puts a damper on the next couple of days.

I'm no expert but I suspect a flu bug is more common than food poisoning.

It seems odd that 4 out of 5 got the flu at the same time. Food poisoning symptoms occur with hours if ingesting the tainted food. However it's not always from the food. People have a nasty habit of setting things on the table like purses and babyseats. If you think about where those items have been ie restroom floor, floor if the car/bus etc it a little horrifying! Someone sent me an email about this years ago and now I NEVER put something like that on top of the table.

Make a report to guest relations, also to the restaurant if possible. They will be the ones to know if a number of people who ate there the same night are reporting similar symptoms. It's important because it's often not the food itself, but an ill foodhandler that's the culprit. Also with a buffet, if one person was ill, didn't wash well and went through the buffet before you touching all of the utensils along the way, you could pick up their bug that way.
Let guest services know so that they can put it together.

I'm no expert but I suspect a flu bug is more common than food poisoning.

My guess with four out of five getting sick it was not a flu bug. May not have been Cape May but somewhere else. But doubt it was the flu. But then again it is a buffet and not to sound gross, but there are many who go and take care of nature in the restroom don't wash their hands, handle the utensils at the buffet, and pass the funky stuff on to the next person who handles it. Or kids hacking away while standing over the food bar. Or people who have been on rides all day, touching que rails and then grabbing utensils at the buffet without washing their hands first. or scratching, touching...You get the point. LOL. I agree with minniesmama on this one.

I am a little leery about buffets anyway. But seafood buffets! :scared1: DH likes CM but I don't eat seafood and the thought of it sitting out...:scared1: We stopped to get a drink at Martha Vineyard in March. Before the CM refurb, but the fishy smell was so bad from CM that we didn't stay. We walked to CC instead. Was hoping they would clean it up some so I could book for DH again. But I don't think I will try yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter