Cape May Breakfast?

uagirl

Mouseketeer
Cape May suddenly has breakfast availability every day of our trip in Sept. I'm considering adding it since our 2 year old DD loves Mickey and Goofy. Thoughts or reviews on it? I seem to find only bad reviews about dinner, but haven't seen as much about breakfast.

We absolutely LOVE the breakfast buffet. And we really enjoy the dinner buffet. Huge variety for both meals. When not staying at BCV we always make it a point to get to breakfast on a trip. If staying at BCV we definitely do both meals,

Also, I believe the breakfast characters are Minnie, Goofy, and Donald (no Mickey). There are no characters for dinner.

We had breakfast at Cape May last Sept and we LOVED it. Our kids (10 and 8) still talk about it... the characters, the food, the atmosphere. Yes, it's only Minnie, Goofy, and Donald and they all look so cute in their beach attire.

we had to wait almost an hour past our reservation time for our Cape May breakfast. . .and when I said something, they pretty much said it was business as usual, that the reservation was just the time you showed up to get in line and get your beeper. . . keep that in mind.

had breakfast there on Monday of this week.

we did have an issue with waiting for a table but on the basis that we turned up 30 mins late for our 10am ADR (transport delays - blame Isaac...) I wasn't in a position to complain:blush:

the food was good, great selection of cooked, cold, fruit, breads and pastries etc. and all in plentiful supply, even only a few minutes before the switch over to lunch.

character interaction was ok (Minnie, Goofy & Donald) I thought it was a little rushed but I think breakfast was running late that day and I'm not sure if the characters are present for lunch or if they were trying to get round everyone before the 11am deadline????

I wouldn't discount it, it was less frenetic than other breakfasts we did (Tusker House / 1900 Park Fare) and the gift shop at Beach Club was brilliant - lots of DVC / resort / unusual bits which I hadn't seen elsewhere. Got quite a few bits and pieces for upcoming birthdays / Christmas bits.

We've done the breakfast once. The food was very yummy, but our character interaction was the definition of mediocre. Perhaps because it was near the end of breakfast seating and the characters were tuckered out :confused3. Nearly everything I've read here about cape may indicates that this was an anomaly, though, so I'd have to try it again. But again, the food was good (I ended up eating heaping plates of home fries and scrambled eggs at the end of my meal after I felt like I might burst because somehow, those potatoes and eggs were better than any other potatoes/eggs...) and new trays consistently came out even though it was very close to closing time which was very nice to see.

ETA: Some other posts have reminded me of our wait. We waited about 40-50 minutes after our ADR time to be seated. That seems to be somewhat of a trend based on what some others have said, so it's something to keep in mind if you're trying to get breakfast in before doing something specific.

We enjoy them so much that we've actually dined there for both breakfast & dinner on the same day!

Btw, we have never had more than a 5-10 min wait for our name to be called.

We didn't care much for the bkfst buffet @ BC. The offerings were small and there were only 3 characters. they came to the table, scribbled an autograph, barely posed for a pic and were off. Tusker House on the other hand...LOVED it! great interaction w/characters. you have Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Daisy and a HUGE selection of food. i've never felt rushed to finish my meal and the characters don't run by your table and then skip you on the 2nd or 3rd lap around. they do a dance around the resteraunt and the kids get to join in.

We've had many great breakfast at Cape May. The food is always very good with excellent service.

We enjoy the dinner buffet, too. It's become a "must" on our past several trips.

I've had breakfast here on last 3 vacations (in past 2 years) and its my first breakfast on my upcoming Oct vacation. We've always had very good character interaction with Donald and Goofy (Minnie hasn't been as dedicated). We have never waited for a table and we dine around 9am.

The food is okay. It's just traditional fare, nothing creative, but the buffet tables are clean and service is good.

We love Cape May breakfast (as well as dinner) :). The buffet is great with alot of variety and the characters are adorable running around in their beach clothes (characters are at breakfast only). We make sure we do a breakfast and dinner every trip as Cape May is one of our favorite places to eat :goodvibes.

Cape May breakfast is great. There is a standard selection of breakfast fare but it is always hot and being "restocked" so the food is not sitting around. There is a nice assortment also. Service was great and we never feel rushed. Minnie, Goofy and Donald in their beach gear is really cute.

I am with those who also love the clambake dinner. We are planning on going again this year.

We've had many great breakfast at Cape May. The food is always very good with excellent service.

We enjoy the dinner buffet, too. It's become a "must" on our past several trips.

We've only done the Breakfast once and it was fine, but we also do the dinner every trip. It a a great dinner buffet with plenty of good menu choices. Never waited more than 10 minutes to be seated either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter