Cape May a new favorite

Tink135

Earning My Ears
I know many of you have heard mixed reviews about Cape May. But my family and I loved it! My DD13 does not like any kind of seafood. So as you can imagine she wasn't to happy when we went here. We arrived later in the night so not many people were there and you wouldn't need reservations. Once we were seated our wonderful server came over and took our orders. He was very polite every time he came over to check on us. We all left for the buffet and I made my DD try 1 clam. After that she loved it and couldn't have enough. The rest of the family was no different they kept getting up for clams/mussels/ and all the other exceptional food. We will definitely come back to Cape May and reccomend it to anyone who is on the edge about it.

Spring '05- CBR:thumbsup2 Winter '05- POR:santa: Winter '06- AKL:love: Spring '07-0 Poly :woohoo: (upcoming) Summer '07- BW :dance3:

Hi
Thanks for your review. I've been reading negative reviews and was thinking of changing my ADR. After reading your review, I've decided to keep it and try it for ourselves.

Just ate there two weeks ago and the seafood was great. Salad bar was just "ok" and desserts were lacking, but loved the mussels and clams.

If you're looking for a relaxed quiet place to eat, this is not it, but if you want good seafood, you found the right spot!

Thank you for the review. We will be trying Cape May next Monday evening. I've read the negative reviews lately but since we have never eaten there and we are staying at the Beach Club we're going to give it a try.

Thank you for the review. We will be trying Cape May next Monday evening. I've read the negative reviews lately but since we have never eaten there and we are staying at the Beach Club we're going to give it a try.

Oh we will be at the BC then too, we will be there July 6th - 13th!

Enjoy!

Glad you enjoyed it! We tried it for the first time this past Feb and we fell in love with the place. We went back again in April....YUMMY!

My son and I really loved the desserts there. My husband and mom loved the clams and my 6 year old liked the pizza.

We'll definately go again.

This has always been a family favorite for us. I too was getting nervous after so many poor reviews. Glad to hear a good one.:thumbsup2

Thanks for your review. We are eating here for the first time this month.

We have an ADR there for our upcoming trip in a little over a week - never ate there before and was wondering what else they had to eat - DH likes shrimp but not clams, and DD12 doesn't like seafood at all. Thanks for your help!

Glad to hear something positive about Cape May...

We have ADR's for the first time in Sept. and was begining to rethink our plans for somewhere else...glad to hear that you liked it...

:thumbsup2

We are going in Feb with a 4 year old and a 1 year old and we have never done a character breakfast? Is this one worth it??

Thanks for the review, am glad your DD tried the clams and liked it! I LOVE clams so much so am looking forward to Cape May on our next trip (might even get DH to try one!) :cool1:

A group of 8 of us just got done dining at Cape May Cafe. Average was the best rating I could give it.

The buffet set up has changed a bit. On one side is peel & eat shrimp/salads/soups, the opposite side are rolls/carving station/children's buffet. The other two sides are now the same items -- muscles, chicken, fish, beef tips in wine sauce, mashed potato, corn on the cob.

To call this a seafood buffet is a bit of a stretch, but I'll go with it.

Here is what I ate:
> The clam chowder was outstanding.
> The caesar salad was just okay.
> The clams were good, but very tiny. And half of the shells were empty when I returned to the table.
> The beef tips in wine sauce was horrible.
> The salmon special was okay.
> The top round of beef at the carving station was unedible -- it was overcooked, dry, and a flavor I can not describe.
> The children's Mickey-roni and Cheese and Chicken Tenders were tasty, but I can get all of that from the frozen food section of my local grocery store.
> The desserts were only fair.

I don't know if this whole DDP thing is driving more volume but needing to lower the food quality to match the price.

It used to be Cape May was a nice fine dining restaurant that happened to be a buffet.

In my opinion, it is now an average buffet wanting to call itself fine dining.

Randall

:rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter