Cape Canavernal Hotel before Cruise.. Residence Inn or Homewood Suites?

I didn't think Homewood Suites has a 2 bedroom suite. We have stayed in the Residence Inn 2 Bedroom and it is nice.

I prefer Homewood Suites and they do have 2 room suites. We have stayed at the Cape Canaveral Homewood Suites in a 2 room suite and it was very clean and comfortable.

the Homewood is brand new .. opened in May as I recall

Res' has been around a long time now and some mention its age

We just stayed at the new Homewood Suites (Hilton) earlier this month. I had a problem with them so my viewpoint may be skewed. The hotel itself if nice. Did not care for the service of the front desk. The rooms were great (we had a studio) but I had booked 4 rooms for our group but also had a large extended group so all in total because of me at least 12 rooms were booked there pre-cruise. We had 3 babies in our immediate group that needed pack n plays. My niece arrived at the hotel around noon and requested a pack n play and got one no problem. We arrived around 5 pm and requested 2 pack n plays and were told they would be brought right up. Well, 3 hours go by and we call a few times (and told it was on its way). Called again at 8:30 pm and was told sorry, no pack n plays. I was not happy as we were all up since 3:00 am and wanted to get to bed. So at 8:45 pm I had to get dressed and drive 5 miles to WalMart to buy 2 pack n plays. I asked the manager about the pack n plays and how many the hotel had and he said they had the required amount. It is a pretty big hotel so I asked what the amount was he told me 1 (one). So, we were out of luck even before we arrived at the hotel. Why they made us wait over 3 hours to tell us they had no more is beyond me. I was not happy with the service at all. I asked how they could only have 1 pack n play for a hotel that had at least 100 rooms, especially in a tourist destination.

Will write to corporate to relay our experience. I have been in customer service for over 20 years and if that happened to one of my guests I would have gone to Wal-mart myself and picked up the pack n plays and paid out of petty cash or some other company expense. How they expected the babies to sleep without a crib is mind-boggling. What bothered me was the indifference of the manager. Not even an "I am sorry about that".

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn several times and always enjoyed out stays.

MJ

Will write to corporate to relay our experience. I have been in customer service for over 20 years and if that happened to one of my guests I would have gone to Wal-mart myself and picked up the pack n plays and paid out of petty cash or some other company expense. How they expected the babies to sleep without a crib is mind-boggling. What bothered me was the indifference of the manager. Not even an "I am sorry about that".MJ

So sorry to hear about your experience. Hilton has a 100% satisfaction promise. In my experience, while I have struggled with onsight management (one event was particularly difficult at a Curio hotel), I have been very satisfied AFTER the stay in follow up either with the hotel manager or headquarters...

I think there is a difference between doing everything to validate your concerns (even if they can't be fixed) and making the situation worse...

I hope you are satisfied after experiences are described to other folks at Hilton...NO WAY any manager should have shrugged this off...no matter what the details are...

Good luck!

We had a 2 bedroom suite at Residence Inn and it was fine, nothing wrong or remarkable.

So sorry to hear about your experience. Hilton has a 100% satisfaction promise. In my experience, while I have struggled with onsight management (one event was particularly difficult at a Curio hotel), I have been very satisfied AFTER the stay in follow up either with the hotel manager or headquarters...

I think there is a difference between doing everything to validate your concerns (even if they can't be fixed) and making the situation worse...

I hope you are satisfied after experiences are described to other folks at Hilton...NO WAY any manager should have shrugged this off...no matter what the details are...

Good luck!

Thank you.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter