Cape Canaveral...where to stay

We haven't stayed at any of the hotels yet, but we did just drive around PC yesterday scoping out the hotels (and to familiarize ourselves with the area). We looked at Country Inn and Suites, Radisson, Mariott, Best Western, and La Quinta. I've already heard great things about the Radisson, but when we saw the pool it won us over!! It looks amazing. The Country Inn and Suites is just slightly closer to the port and it looks nice too, but reading reviews it seemed to have more reports of dirty/moldy rooms so that made me nervous. The Mariott looked okay, but nothing stood out to me. Those 3 hotels were all right by each other. The La Quinta and Best Western were a bit farther down the road but still not far. The La Quinta was NOT our style so we didn't look into that one any further. The Best Western looked okay. I liked that there's easy beach access and they have oceanfront rooms. Not sure if La Quinta and Best Western have shuttles to the port or not, though.

Sadly, when we got home and I went to book the Radisson, they had a note saying the pool will be closed from 9/3-9/12, and our stay happens to fall during those dates. Now we're trying to decide between Country Inn (being close to the port and using the pool) and Best Western (for the lovely oceanfront view and beach access). I'm still puzzled as to why anyone would stay at the La Quinta unless they were on a REALLY tight budget. It looked like a Super 8, not my ideal way to start off a vacation. :confused3

I stayed at the best western for our may 25th fantasy cruise and will never stay there again. It seemed nice when we first checked in fridge in the room nice beds nice pool beach access right next to our room and walking distance to the pier. However later that evening and not til morning did I find tons of ants in our bathroom. I mean climbing on the sinks and coffee maker it was just gross and the bathroom only had a shower no tub and we have two lil kids that prefer baths. Not sure if they have a shuttle I think so but we stayed bc they offered a 40% off discount for parking at the port. It was just the ants that really grossed me out. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter