• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cape Canaveral...where to stay

debfen

Have a Zippity Do Dah Day!
DD and I are cruising on the Dream July 14-18. We would like to fly to Orlando, take a car to Cape Canaveral and stay over night in a local hotel that will shuttle us to the Dream. Any ideas about where to stay? :confused3 Any ideas about a car service to pick us up and take us back to the airport at the end of our cruise?:scratchin

Country Inn and Suites it is the closest resort to the port.
They offer a package that includes breakfast the morning you leave and free transfer to the port.

Country Inn and Suites it is the closest resort to the port.
They offer a package that includes breakfast the morning you leave and free transfer to the port.

Although I can't speak for the shuttle service as we drove and parked - it was close to the port (like 5 mins) - and very clean. We loved it and will stay there again before our cruise next year.

debfen said:
DD and I are cruising on the Dream July 14-18. We would like to fly to Orlando, take a car to Cape Canaveral and stay over night in a local hotel that will shuttle us to the Dream. Any ideas about where to stay? :confused3 Any ideas about a car service to pick us up and take us back to the airport at the end of our cruise?:scratchin

What about staying in Orlando? Cheaper and just 45 min away?

The Radisson in Port Canaveral offers a shuttle to and from the Port but also offers a shuttle to and from the airport. I do not know the cost associated with this as we did not fly when we stayed there last year, but our park and cruise package was fairly inexpensive.

We are staying at the Doubletree Inn in Cocoa Beach and although we are not using their shuttle service, they do offer one one to and from the port. I hope this helps. Have a great cruise. :goodvibes

We stayed here in Port Canaveral, and I think we paid about $150, but that was the park and cruise rate, meaning we left our car there for 7 days while we were on the ship.

Very nice, and the shuttle was very efficient. Took us there and picked us up.

Thank you all! We are excited about the cruise and want to arrive Saturday and just relax before getting on the ship. No rush, no worries about meeting deadlines or missing buses, etc. So, flying down Saturday and staying in Cape Canaveral with a shuttle is the ticket for us. We will arrange for a car service to take us from the airport to Cape, then for the same car service to pick us up from the ship. Do you see any flaws?

Thank you all! We are excited about the cruise and want to arrive Saturday and just relax before getting on the ship. No rush, no worries about meeting deadlines or missing buses, etc. So, flying down Saturday and staying in Cape Canaveral with a shuttle is the ticket for us. We will arrange for a car service to take us from the airport to Cape, then for the same car service to pick us up from the ship. Do you see any flaws?

Sounds like a good plan. Country Inn & Suites, The Radisson & Residence Inn are all close to the port and offers a shuttle service to and from the port. The Doubletree Inn does also, but it is in Cocoa Beach. :goodvibes

Sounds like a good plan. Country Inn & Suites, The Radisson & Residence Inn are all close to the port and offers a shuttle service to and from the port. The Doubletree Inn does also, but it is in Cocoa Beach. :goodvibes

If you google maps the area they are all very close to each other. The whole area is really beautiful!!

We stayed at Residence Inn and LOVED it!! I researched it a lot before arrived, worried about making the right choice (OCD,TYPE A). I am so very happy we chose Residence Inn. I can not say enough great things about the friendly and knowledgeable Font Desk staff! The location was great. They have a dependable shuttle service (it's actually a giant coach bus) and safe patrolled parking lot. Beautiful pool area with adjacent bar area. They offer a really good breakfast buffet. Sundry and snack "alcove". The rooms are very clean and large with their own kitchens too.

Good luck on whatever you choose that suits you and your family best!! So excited for you and your upcoming cruise!! :woohoo:

We stayed at the Motel 6 on the A1A (north altantic ave) and then drove to the parking lot accross the street from the Raddison ( Raddison at the Port parking) and used there shuttle to take us to the port (cheaper than parking at the port). They picked us up after the cruise and took us straight to our car.

If you google maps the area they are all very close to each other. The whole area is really beautiful!!

We stayed at Residence Inn and LOVED it!! I researched it a lot before arrived, worried about making the right choice (OCD,TYPE A). I am so very happy we chose Residence Inn. I can not say enough great things about the friendly and knowledgeable Font Desk staff! The location was great. They have a dependable shuttle service (it's actually a giant coach bus) and safe patrolled parking lot. Beautiful pool area with adjacent bar area. They offer a really good breakfast buffet. Sundry and snack "alcove". The rooms are very clean and large with their own kitchens too.

Good luck on whatever you choose that suits you and your family best!! So excited for you and your upcoming cruise!! :woohoo:

I've been looking at the Residence too. Looks like it might be just right for my family of 6 and the pool looks good. How did you decide to take the shuttle rather than drive over to the port? Do you think we could get to the port earlier/easier by driving, or is the shuttle pretty regular?

Thanks! :hippie:

Some good info in this thread. I noticed yesterday that the Residence Inn was already fully booked the night before our trip so I had (reluctantly) booked an alternate Marriott location that was about 30 minutes from the port. Not a biggie as we are driving in anyway but when I saw the reviews for the Country Inn's & Suites (2nd TV in kids area of the suite) along with the port shuttle service, it became a no-brainer. I cancelled the Marriott and booked the Family Suite Stay and Cruise package a few minutes ago. :cool1:

We have stayed at th Laquinta inn... Not the beach front one and it had a park and ride for 114 a night... Well that's what we har booked for march of 2014 it seemed like a very nice place to lay your head last time

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My party of 23 is staying at Ron Jon's resort for the night b4 the cruise has anyone stayed there? If so how was it??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hampton Inn on Coco Beach. Beach access, walking distance to Ron Jon's, walking distance to numerous restaurants on the water. 5 minute taxi to terminal. Free breakfast. Pool. If there is a rocket launch planned at night you can watch from the 8th floor and have a wonderful view of the launch pad.

We have stayed at the Radisson and recently at the Country Inn and Suites the last 3 times. Good breakfast and shuttle to port.

Do NOT book @ the Country Inns and Suites unless you WANT to tack on an extra 2 hours to your return trip. The shuttle service was a MAJOR problem upon the return. We walked out of the terminal a bit before 9am and saw a Country Inns & Suites Shuttle and thought "well, we timed this one well...."

Unfortunately, the driver lady was able to fit everybody into the shuttle EXCEPT us but she said "I've called and another shuttle will be here in a few minutes". Still in vacation mode we thought, no problem we can wait. However, after seeing two other Country Inns & Suite shuttles "zip" by the Disney gate on their way to the Carnival ships we called into the shuttle folks again ourselves and were told the same thing, we have someone on the way. THREE more CI&S shuttles go by over the next 30 minutes so we call again and get lots of apologies but only more empty promises. We realize that there weren't any other people with those CI&S pink shuttle vouchers and it became OBVIOUS that they were focusing their shuttles on the cruise line that had the most potential for tip "profit"/more passengers. After a little over an hour, I finally called back and got a bit "aggressive" with Duane telling him that he was welcome to pick up other people from other cruise lines as long as he picked us up FIRST in his next pass. More excuses so I hung up and started to call a cab company using another cell as it was around 10:15 by this time.

Duane calls my wife's phone back back and says "I must have gotten disconnected. Good thing she was talking to him instead of me but he said that he would send an EMPTY shuttle to her right away. Amazingly enough, one arrived within about 5 minutes of that call and SURPRISE there was another 2 families that "just happened" to come out of the Disney terminal about that time as well so I suspect that picking us up was just a "mild diversion" on their way to more clients. It's a shame too as we tipped pretty well on the way TO the ship and would have tipped pretty well on the way back if only they had shown up in any timely level AT ALL. In the end, I still gave him $5 bucks for 4 carry bags (one each for the four of us) but felt like I should have stiffed the sucker for TERRIBLE SERVICE but with both of us having previously worked in the service industry, we simply could not do that.

In the end, we walked out of the Disney terminal and were at the shuttle stop a bit before 9am and pulled out of the Country Inns and Suites parking lot @ 10:45. We cruised from Port Canaveral numerous times and each time previously, it was GREAT to get off the ship, jump in the car and be on our way in 10 minutes. We will NEVER do Country Inns and Suites EVER again!

We stayed in the comfort inn in cocoa beach. Very nice, beach view. 2min walk to the beach! Great breakfast!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter