• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cantina de San Angel

Mrs.Milo

DIS Veteran
Anyone know the latest on the re-opening of San Angel? We're going in Oct for Food & Wine, and since that's a favorite, we're hoping it will re-open.
Thanks.

The opening date is said to be around September 15 or 16. Haven't seen a real announcement as to which date yet. I know they want it open before the festival so they can have their booth back.

They will be taking ADRs for Oct 16th and beyond.

They are supposed to be in "soft opening" mode from mid-September until October 15th for walk-ups.

I can't wait to try the Hacienda de San Angel this winter!

Hacienda will be opening on the 15th or 16th of Sept along with Cantina reopening at the same time (they're in the same building, and Cantina uses a portion of Hacienda's dining room for lunch). At the same time (or close to it) reservations for Hacienda will be opening up for dates starting 15 Oct.

Hope this isn't a silly question but is this where there was counter service Mexican food? If so we love it and was planning to go there in October. I may need to do some resarch :).

Hope this isn't a silly question but is this where there was counter service Mexican food? If so we love it and was planning to go there in October. I may need to do some resarch :).

That's right - the whole area has been completely remodelled and is now going to be 2 restaurants - the Cantina de San Angel and the new Hacienda de San Angel table service restaurant.

We walked by there on Friday and they were doing some sort of training at the outdoor CS portion... You could see that all the registers and food service areas were staffed, but no one was eating. There was a cast member at the door in the construction wall, and she said they were opening on either the 16th or 18th, I can't remember which...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter