Can't use Magical Express - What's everyone's go-to car service?

wendy3

Mouseketeer
SO - the latest wrinkle in our Disney trip scheduled for August is that our airlines cancelled our plane flight and rescheduled us on a horrible flight. We now get to Orlando at midnight the day before we check into our resort. ARRRRRRGH!!! So I rescheduled to fly in the day before that and booked 2 nights at Wyndham Garden Lake at Disney Springs. This way we can at least go into Disney Springs (and hopefully Typhoon Lagoon) the next day.

While Wyndham seems to be a hotel that participates in some Disney perks, I don't think we can take Magical Express from the airport. Anyone have recommendation for a car service? Or should we just plan to take a cab from the airport (there are 4 adults).

I have used Tiffany Towncar. I have used Uber and Lyft but not from airport to hotel. Haven’t been since Covid Crisis.

Another option is to price out renting from Dollar, as there is a Rental Car Desk there. I dropped our rental off there as their price was way better then the competitors during my trip. Sometimes a one day rate is better then other options. If you're a Costco member its worth pricing out with them.

You're correct that Magical Express does not service the Disney Springs hotels.
FL Tours is the sponsor of this particular subforum, and they are well liked.

Another vote for Tony Hinds. We use him every time we need a car service when we don't want to use Uber/Lyft. Him and his drivers are always on time, meet us at baggage claim and assist with luggage, and they park right near baggage claim so its a quick exit from the airport. They drive private 12 passenger vans and will also include a complimentary 30 minute grocery stop if you want it.

We used Mears transportation at the airport. I think it was $35 one way to the Disney Dolphin hotel near Epcot.

I think Mears price is per person and they have 4 adults. $140
Another vote for Tiffany car service. Love the grocery stop for bottled water and Dr Pepper since Disney only has coke products.

I was going to uber till I found rental car rates at $15 a day on Priceline. ... I guess C19 is putting the hurt on rental places.

I was going to uber till I found rental car rates at $15 a day on Priceline. ... I guess C19 is putting the hurt on rental places.
Where will you dropping the car off and then how will you get from there to resort? Asking bc I am exploring all options.

We have used SuperShuttle in the past, but I don't believe they are there any longer.
Also used Mears and Black Car. Liked Black Car as they would stop at a grocery store so you could get food items before going to your resort.

I’ve heard several good things about tony Hinds. Does he carry a license for transportation and insurance. Normal I would just go with a company that has a website or reviews that I can see. Thoughts? Is tony worth it or should I use fl tours?

I think Super Shuttle went out of business. I know people who were planning to use it in NYC for trips in January 2020 and they had to make other arrangements.

Does anyone still use the underpass to park their car when they pick you up so you don't have to go outside?

I've used Tiffany in the past but the last time instead of the driver meeting me at the luggage area, it was someone else. They helped with the bags, communicated to the driver and told us a spot to wait outside where the driver showed up a few minutes later. It honestly wasn't that much different than Uber since I don't really need help with the luggage. The grocery stop was not nearly as important either. Wasn't sure if that was a permanent change with Tiffany or something that changed with the airport and now no one does it. I believe I read that Tiffany may have gotten rid of most or all of its dedicated fleet and drivers and used more of a lease by ride with outside drivers/cars, maybe that had something to do with it as well. I haven't needed it in a while so I haven't paid as much attention so I could be wrong.

Either way, I preferred it when the actual driver was already parked in the tunnel and met us at luggage. Then we would go to the car without having to go outside in the mayhem and leave from there.

I’ve heard several good things about tony Hinds. Does he carry a license for transportation and insurance. Normal I would just go with a company that has a website or reviews that I can see. Thoughts? Is tony worth it or should I use fl tours?

We used Tony Hinds on two separate trips - highly highly recommended!!!! Really professional service, includes grocery stop as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter