• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't stop crying..Ds hurt today playing rugby.

Sorry to hear that your son was injured! My sister broke her collar bone playing Red Rover, of all things. She healed just fine. :)

I had a friend in the second grade that did the same thing. It was so scary.

I hope you get some sleep and feel better after the surgery. The doctor's message about pressure and such would certainly keep me up all night. I hate the way insurance is now and they just sent him home like that.

It is so hard to see any of our kids in pain.:grouphug: I'm sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your son. By tomorrow at this time, I bet things will be looking a lot better for both of you! Hang in there!:grouphug:

I had a friend in the second grade that did the same thing. It was so scary.

I hope you get some sleep and feel better after the surgery. The doctor's message about pressure and such would certainly keep me up all night. I hate the way insurance is now and they just sent him home like that.

We are in the UK...so we don't have insurance here ...we have a national health service...But I do wish they had kept him in...Iam going to try and get some rest now as its 10pm here...thanks again everyone for the prayers I really appreciate it.

The way I look at it is if they really thought it was that dangerous they would have kept him in the hospital. My DD broke hers when she was 4 years old (not a bad break though) at that time the doctor told us if she had to break a bone that was the one to do. She wore a brace and it healed fine. It was painful for a few days, and very hard for her to sleep.

I won't tell you not to worrry cause that is what Moms (and dads) do.

My suggestion would have him sleep elevated a little bit, that's what we did with my DD. That way she wasn't tempted to turn on her side and it kept the pressure down.

Yikes, I'm so sorry that your son is hurt. I can't imagine how worried you feel and I imagine that you'll feel really nervous tonight. Try to rest and somehow relax (I know, easier said than done). :hug:

I'm sorry that your son got hurt. It sounds like several other here have had experiences with broken collar bones, so it sounds like you don't have too much to worry about. If I were you, I'd look at the bright side. He could have been hurt much worse in any number of other situations.

I hope that since your original post you have pulled yourself together. Because when I read that one, I felt a parent who was very scared and quite torn up. Not being able to stop crying is not going to do anything to help your son. Kids know when their parents are scared. I really think you need to be stronger for the rest of today and especially tomorrow. If not for yourself, then for your son.

Just a bit of tough love. I hope I didn't go to far.:hug:

Oh, Tinker, hang in there. If they had told us how dangerous the job of parenting was, would any of us have turned it down?!

I hope your DS does well in surgery. You won't get much sleep tonight, but try to relax - tomorrow will seem like a long day (I'm sure it's not a lengthy surgery, but it'll be a long day nonetheless!)

I'll keep good thought for you all.

So sorry to hear your son was injured. I won't tell you not to worry because I know that would be impossible! I will say a prayer for him tonight. I hope he is up and around soon! :grouphug:

Hi! My husband fell out of his deer stand this past Nov and broke his right wrist and had to have a plate and a few pins installed. It was hard to watch him in pain let alone your child!!!!:grouphug: I set the alarm for every three hours to give him the pain medication so he could sleep. He actually had to wait almost 3 days after he broke it to have the surgery. I know the collarbone is diffrent than a wrist, but he has healed perfectly, and said it doesn't ever both him either. Good luck tomorrow, I hope he recovers quickly!!!!!

I know EXACTLY what you are going through. My DS broke 2 bones in his leg in a wrestling match when he was 15. We slept on the floor next to him for 2 weeks. He had the break reset 7 times in 10 days and ended up with a 4 hour surgery with 2 titanium rods in his leg (on christmas eve) and a prognosis of "he will never wrestle again" We saw his college scholarship hopes fly out the window. He was flat on back on the couch for 3 weeks before he could get up on the crutches. I would walk past his room upstairs and I would go in there and cry. It was so sad that he wasn't at his desk studying like always. Then a few days later two kids from his school were killed in a car accident and I realized that my son was going to be fine even if he would never wrestle, I still had him. It took a year and 2 more surgeries for him to recover. He decided even though he still could not run he wanted to wrestle. The Dr. reluctantly agreed to sign him off. Today he is wrestling for Ohio Northern University and recieved a $29,000 renewable scholarship. I know how hard it is to see your son suffer and all the fears you are feeling. I will pray fro your son's recovery. You will probably be sleeping (or trying to sleep) on the floor next to him too. That's OK, he probably wants you to. Please keep me posted on his recovery. I will bw thinking of you both.

Bless his heart :hug:! Sending prayers and hugs for a successful surgery. Always heartbreaking to see our babies in pain :worried:. Our DS broke his CB jumping a ramp w/his bike when he was 10yo. Thankfully no surgery was required, the dr set...ouch, he wore a brace a couple weeks and had a huge bruise over 1/4 of the shoulder and chest. We have 8 DGS's in sports and I admit I am anxious when they play. :guilty:

:grouphug: 4 Mommie!

My dbf broke his collarbone and his arm badly (required surgery) playing sports as a teen. I'm sure everything will be okay with your son. I hope everything goes well. :hug:

:hug: You poor thing! It is scary when our family members are hurt. Just focus on how much better you'll feel after the surgery.

Well I've just gotton up for the day...its 6am here. Ds slept on the recliner in the living room...and i slept on the couch next to him. I didn't get much sleep though ..just kept listening for his breathing.
I have pulled myself together a bit..I just keep focusing on after the surgery..
All your messages have helped me so much...Iam really really gratful for all the advice and prayers.:)
I know a lot of moms here have also had injured sons and understand how I feel thanks for your stories.
I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Sorry to here that your Ds was hurt. Last year my 9 ds was hit in the face by a baseball and fractured his cheekbone. His Right side of his face was soooo swollen that his eye was closed shut.

We were lucky . He squeezed by without surgery but it was a close call. He could play no sports or even run or school recess or PE for 3 months. He was only aloud to sit and watch:sad1:

I know how you are feeling and my heart goes out to you both. When we let our kids play sports there is always that chance they will get hurt. It is scarry but the only alternitive is to not let them and that would be sad.

My son plays football also and well you know. Heres a great big :hug: for you both and let us know how his surgery went....glad to here that you are better and that he is sleeping okay.

You stay there next to him and be MOM, he will sleep better knowing that you are looking over him. Have a blessed night and prayers have been sent. :grouphug:

:hug: to you from the mother of " dangerboy " . I've lost track of the # of ER visits we've made with Dangerboy due to injuries. Thankfully we've only had one PICU stay. That was the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my entire life. I hope your son is on the mend soon:grouphug:

Good Morning! It is 4:35 a.m. here in good old middle Tennessee, USA. I have to get ready to start my day of school in a couple of hours, but my first thought was to check and see how he made it through the night, since you guys are so far ahead of us in time. I'm glad to hear he slept okay. We'll be thinking of you throughout the day as he anticipates his surgery, as you wait through it, and as you all go through the healing process. Keep us posted when you get the chance, but just take a deep breath, be thankful that it's fairly routine, and just keep everything light in attitude for his sake and for yours. Best of everything to you guys as you go through this day.

I juts read your post, Tinker74. :scared: OUCH! I cringed when I read about the collarbone. Poor thing:sad1:

It is tough being a mom. This is probably one of the toughest things you have gone through w/your DS so far. To see your baby hurt :sick: :guilty:

Be strong. Know that others care:grouphug: Please keep us posted on his progress:hug:

Hope's he's all patched up and feeling better soon!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter