Can't say enough good things about BLT!

NHDisneyMom

Mouseketeer
Just got back from a week (2/20 through 2/27) at BLT. It was crowded, but very managable. The resort was beautiful and we LOVED the quick walk to Magic Kingdom. We had a standard 1 bedroom with a partial lake view on the second floor. We could stand on our balcony and watch the water parade every night. We loved the space! Having stayed at BCV prior, the added space and layout at BLT was more suited to us. Nice pool at BLT, but you can't compare to storm along bay. We found the staff at the Contemporary just wonderful as well. We had family visiting at the same time and they had two studios - one connected to our 1 bedroom. On the second night of our vacation both of my kids came down with the stomach bug and two members of the family we were traveling with also got sick. Having two bathrooms really helped us contain things. My 7 year old didn't quite "make it" on one occasion (did make the bathroom though) and, although we cleaned it up, my husband went to talk to the Contemporary staff at 3am and they sent someone in to disinfect our bathroom the next day and did not charge us for it. All we asked is that they really clean the bathroom. We washed all the sheets - no one got sick in bed, just wanted everything clean. Don't know what we would have done without a washer and dryer! We took care of everything else. When my 9 year old spiked a 104 temp. on day 3, they gave us information on the urgent care clinic that provided pick-up and drop off service free of charge. Contra care was great too and our concern was pneumonia with my 9 year old and they were though and ruled it out. We were so impressed with the resort, the staff and just loved the location! Everyone was better by the end of the trip and the walk to Magic Kingdom was very helpful in making up for some lost time.

BTW, when we went to the urgent care facility, I went over to a Walgreen's and picked up bleach clean up spray, disinfectant and sponges and cleaned everything again. Didn't want the next family sick so we did our best to contain the outbreak. We did run into a lot of sick people down there - saw someone sick in almost every bathroom we went into - so we did our best to contain and eliminate germs. We laid low until everyone was feeling better so as not to spread the germs.

Despite the sickness, we had a great vacation. It was warm, the sun was shining every day, and we slowed down for a week and spent time together. Sometimes you just have to roll with what life throws at you and we made the best of it. We even added some points this trip because we always want to stay in at least a 1 bedroom and want to continue to return to BLT.

Can't say enough good things about this resort, the staff and the location!

So sorry the kids got sick. I am glad everything worked out. We will be staying "home" for the first time in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

Wow...I'm glad you all did get better and that you had such a great trip. Do you own at BLT and did you book the sv at 11 months?

We do own at BLT and we booked at 10 or 11 months. Can't remember now. I know it was before the 7th month mark. We requested anything but the 1st floor because we had kids sleeping on the pull out coach. Didn't want that access on the ground floor. We were very happy with the second floor. We were in the south wing and looked at the contemporary and the lake.

Just have to chime in here to say we spent a week at BLT January 14-21 and LOVED it! Totally agree with OP about the walk to MK. We walked home several nights and it was wonderful to not have to fold up strollers and get on the bus. We had 3 studios (booked at the exact 7 month mark) and we would stay there again in a heartbeat if we would be lucky enough to get availability. Right now we're on a quest to stay at all the DVC resorts so it'll be a little while before we get back to BLT but if we were adding on, BLT would be at the top of the list.

OP so sorry you experienced sickness on your vacation but love your attitude. You're right. You just have to roll with what happens. Also, have to say that I really appreciate your efforts to clean things up. I find overall that's a great characteristic of DVC families!:thumbsup2

We found the pool area, TOWL, and just the resort in general to be top notch. I was a little worried about all the posts I'd seen about the wear and tear on the rooms but ours weren't bad. Yes, there were some small nicks and scratches and I agree better furnishing choices could have been made for durability, but we were certainly not disappointed. We were also told at check-in that they are in the process of remodeling all the studios to separate the kitchen and vanity areas (which I think is a great idea).

To sum it up, we would gladly have spent both weeks of our vacation at BLT even in studios.........wish I was there now!! :wizard:

Always glad to hear positive stories about BLT. We've yet to stay, but will be in 2011 (and hopefully 2012 if we can get it to work).

Agree the studios are small, but the 1 and 2 BRs (at least from the model) look amazing, and the all glass views - even of nothing - seem great.

Can't wait to finally get home (or at least to our new home).

Hoping to book at the 7 month mark, thanks for the great review. As others said, sorry everyone was sick, but you should be applauded for the efforts you made to disinfect everything for the next guess. Many others wouldn't have done so.

Thank you for sharing - and for cleaning up! :thumbsup2

We have a 1 BR Standard booked at the 11 month 9AM date for this Sept.

Thanks for sharing. We are sooo looking forward to our first stay at BLT starting . . . . THIS FRIDAY!! :banana:

I'm glad you were impressed with BLT and hope that we will be, as well. :lovestruc

I'm sorry that everyone got sick. After having one or more of us get sick at WDW a few trips in a row, we started disinfecting everything (doorknobs, light switches, tv remotes, phones, fixtures, etc) before we even walk in the door of our room.

While that may seem a bit obsessive :rolleyes1, we have not had a single illness since.

Now . . . I'm crossing my fingers that it will work this time, as well. :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say "thanks" for caring enough about the next family to go to the trouble of disinfecting the room, as much as you could. Very nice of you and much appreciated!

So nice to hear you enjoyed your BLT stay. We too enjoy this resort very much. Love the ease of walking to MK and the feel of the resort. So sorry to hear your family was sick during the trip but thanks for all you did to prevent the spread of germs!!

Cyndi

You definitely got me psyched about our upcoming BLT stay. Thanks for the extra effort you put into killing the germs...

Thank you for your rave review and for the great lengths you took to disinfect the rooms!:worship:

Our first trip "HOME" is in late October and we are so excited!:yay:

We hvae stayed in a 2 bedroom twice so far and LOVE IT! I was so concerned with all the negative reports. I have 3 teen DD's and all are so different and it was GREAT that they could go to MK at night, ride the monorail, take the boats to the Ft and VWL and if they wanted to go back to rest they easily could. My parents spend a few nights with us and mom got tired in Epcot, easy ride back via monorail to BLT!

Sorry for the illness... but glad you enjoyed your time at BLT.. we're headed that way in just 3 days!!!

Ditto to cleaning the room so well and sorry that your kids got sick. You certainly seem like you didn't let it ruin your trip. Glad to hear the postive review of BLT as well. It is always nice to hear. We are staying in a 1 Bdrm for the first time in June. Can't wait (15 more weeks ;) )

So glad to read the positive reviews. We are staying there in August and can not wait. Sorry about the Disney stomach bug. Happened to us at OKW and we were very grateful for the fullsize washer and dryer.

Sorry to hear your family was sick. We stayed in a one bedroom Dec 2009, SV overlooked the laundry area. Won't pick SV again unless we don't have the points for other views. We are going again in April with our children and grandchildren (first trip with the babies, 9 mo and 20 mo). We have a GV LV. We loved the resort and the TOWL. We can't wait for our family to see BLT and can't wait to be there with all of them. We added on BLT in order to have easy access to MK and Monorail with the the grandkids in mind. It is good to know that Contra Care was excellent for you. Years back when at OKW we all ended up with the flu. Our DR. sent prescriptions to front desk and they had them delivered for us. Your extra cleaning was indeed a wonderful thing to do. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter