Can't retrieve my reservation on DCL site, and one other question.

perditax

DIS Veteran
When I try to access my reservation on the DCL site, it says:

Sorry, we are unable to retrieve your reservation. Either there has been a system issue or another Guest in your stateroom or another stateroom linked to yours is currently arranging activities in My Cruise Plans. Please try again later.

This is pretty standard Disney IT shenanigans, right? I just haven't had it happen to me in this way before. (No one is accessing the reservation, I'm the only one who knows the login, and we only have 1 stateroom. And I definitely have the correct reservation number and know my own birthdate.)

Second question, and the reason I was trying to pull up my reservation on DCL: I have a concierge room booked through Costco. The PIF date on my Costco paperwork is sometime in June. But I'm pretty sure on the DCL site it says I can start planning activities in May. (Which makes sense with the 125 days thing, I'm just not sure how Costco is calculating the PIF.) Either way I need to pay in full before I can start making any plans, right?

Thanks in advance. I'm pretty sure I've asked this before and forgot the answer. The later PIF date on the Costco paperwork is just throwing me.

Yes, those are just IT shenanigans. Try again in a little bit and I'm sure it will work.

It happens frequently that the PIF date is after the date when Concierge/Platinum can start booking excursions, special dining, etc. But yes, you must be paid in full before you can book anything.

By the way, the booking date on the DCL website is the 120 day point. You can email your requests to Shoreside Concierge an additional 5 days before then.

Yes, those are just IT shenanigans. Try again in a little bit and I'm sure it will work.

It happens frequently that the PIF date is after the date when Concierge/Platinum can start booking excursions, special dining, etc. But yes, you must be paid in full before you can book anything.

By the way, the booking date on the DCL website is the 120 day point. You can email your requests to Shoreside Concierge an additional 5 days before then.

Thank you! The site did admit I existed about 20 minutes later. And I appreciate the additional information.

Agree if you have issues log out then clear cookies and history and log back in. Try another Internet operator IE and Chrome seem worst Safari might be better.

Yes. And it's easy to do on the costco website.

I've been making incremental payments on the Costco site, but it's because I'm trying to maximize the way my Barclay travel rewards cards works. You can redeem points for statement credit against an existing travel transaction on the card, but only once per transaction. So if I charged the whole cruise in one transaction, I could only use it for statement credits one time, and there's a time limit on each transaction. So I've been stringing it out into $25/$50 payments and then redeeming them as I accumulate points. (Sounds complicated but I've already shaved several hundred dollars off the cruise this way, AFTER their signing bonus. It wouldn't work on other types of travel where you can't pay incrementally, so it's kind of cool.)

Er, short version is I'm trying to figure out how long I can string my credit cards reward scheme along.:) sounds like I need to go for the earlier date so I can plan activities.

Perditax, I had the same problem a few days after I booked my cruise (which I did just after the PIF date). It fixed itself on its own by the next morning.

I posted a similar question here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/anybody-having-issues-with-dcls-website.3378363/

Everything was fine with my reservation the next day, and I was able to book the excursion I had been unsuccessful at booking the evening before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter