• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't remember when I can make park ressies

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Hi. Sorry for the brain freeze on this. I am an AP and have Disney hotel reservations for the end of Febru;ary 2023. However, my AP expires mid January and I haven't renewed yet (although I will when I hit the window). At this time, I am trying to make park reservations but it won't let me. Just as an aside, I do have hotel and park reservations for the end of November, although it's only for three days. MDE keeps telling me I've "reached my limit". Help! Thanks:flower1:

If you are getting a 'limit' message, you're probably making your park reservations based on your AP (which has a limit) and not your room reservation (which would allow you to make a reservation from day of check-in through day of check-out, as long as you have tickets to cover the days). I'd go back and try the hotel reservation route for those days. As for your Feb trip, you'll likely need to wait until you can renew you AP - which should be approaching quickly. If it expires mid-Jan, you can renew 60 days in advance. But I expect you already know that!! Enjoy your trips!

If you are getting a 'limit' message, you're probably making your park reservations based on your AP (which has a limit) and not your room reservation (which would allow you to make a reservation from day of check-in through day of check-out, as long as you have tickets to cover the days). I'd go back and try the hotel reservation route for those days. As for your Feb trip, you'll likely need to wait until you can renew you AP - which should be approaching quickly. If it expires mid-Jan, you can renew 60 days in advance. But I expect you already know that!! Enjoy your trips!
Don't know if this is normally allowed or we just encountered a little pixie dust at guest relations, but DH had an AP that expired 3 days before a planned trip on a busy holiday weekend, and they let us pay IN FULL for his new annual pass about 3 months ahead and set it up so he could make park reservations right away. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Can you buy tickets now so you can make the reservations and then apply them to your AP renewal?

We couldn't make reservations for our March trip until we renewed our APs

Fairly certain it's because your pass is expired for when you are trying to make the February reservations. Once you renew it should work.

You can make park reservations as soon as you have valid tickets for that time.
We had the same issue, our APs expired a month before our last trip. In the past, I was able to call and renew early. This year, the answer was a clear no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter