• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cant make up our minds

SaraMc

We have 1 cruise under our belt. We did a 4 day on the dream this past January. We really liked it. But felt rushed and just as we started to low our way around it was time to come off the ship. We did all the shows at night so next time we wouldn't feel we had to go to the shows again and try other things. We want to go again and slow it down. We know there is so much we didn't see and I think we could enjoy ourselves more.
We can't decide if we should do a 7 day on the fantasy or B2B on the dream. Possibly with 4 days in WDW first.
We stayed on the boat in Nassau and if we did a B2B we would stay on for one of the cruises and come off for the other. Cost wise they are about the same price.

We asked our kids what they wanted to do. One said cruise again, other said just WDW. Its not like its the last vacation we will ever do. Just can't decide what we should do.
What would you do?

If you want to cruise and the price is about the same, I would definitely choose a 7 night vs the back-to-back. Doing so would avoid duplicate dinner menus and shows. Also, the general consensus seems to be that people are more relaxed/friendly on the longer cruises - passengers and crew as well...perhaps just because many of the 3-4 night passengers are first time cruisers and/or trying to cram everything possible into a short amount of time; and the crew having to deal with the chaos of turning all of the rooms over for a new set of passengers every couple of days.

Because you mention slowing it down, I would go on the 7 night Fantasy. There's fewer things more relaxing than days at sea!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Our first cruise was a 3 night on the Dream and it just flew by! We just got back from our second cruise and it was a 7 night on the Fantasy. I absolutely LOVED the longer cruise. It was so relaxed and lovely. If you are doing the parks, I highly recommend doing them before the cruise so that you can unwind and float away after. :)

Sara, you will love a 7 day. I'm going on a 4 day in November, but the only reason is, there are a bunch of friends going. I LOVE the long cruises. If they weren't going, I'd be on a 7 day on the Fantasy. I think the kids will have a great time in the kids clubs. And you and DH will enjoy yourselves around Satellite Falls.

Hey, Ros and I are going on the Panama Canal Repo next year. 2 weeks. Heaven!

Kim

I also vote for the 7-day Fantasy. You will get to see new shows, not have repeated menus and visit some new islands. Plus you will not have the wasted turn around day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter