• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't get into BBB, can I do it myself in the room?

lilasmom

DIS Veteran
Ok, I'd love to have my DD4 made up at BBB. I've waited too long and they're booked. I am going to keep trying, but I want to be prepared for plan b. What if I make her up in the room? I am watching some gently used dresses on Ebay. I have also seen some very pretty ones on Etsy. I know it won't be the same as getting made up at the park, but it will save precious park time and money we could use on other things, like pick a pearl, etc.. Has anyone ever done this? Do you have any tips? I'm not that thrilled with what they do to the hair really. Maybe I can come up with something that doesn't look like it would kill her to get out. If I'm good enough at it, maybe she can be a few princesses at a few different park days. Thanks!

Have you thought about getting her hair done at the Harmony Barber Shop. My daughter got her first haircut there and they also did an updo and put tons of glitter and sparkle in her hair. She loved it. If you wanted to do makeup or whatever you could do that in the room and bring a dress along. I think you may need reservations now but worth a look.

BBB really is a unique experience. have you considered taking her to the barber shop? they do the confetti in the hair, which is really cute! at 4 years old, she's going to love whatever you do with her, and won't care if she can't get into BBB, so if you can't get her an appointment, just go to wdw and enjoy! personally, i'd probably save BBB for a future trip, so that she'd be more likely to remember it (but i don't blame you for continuing to call for a cancellation ;) )

We did it ourselves in the room - brought hair glitter wands, body glitter, princess sash, and a jewelry quality tiara we found on clearance at Claire's. We had several different princess costumes that I bought on clearance after Halloween. We were able to do it every day of the trip, and DD got lots of compliments.

Angel's momma- did you get the glitter and the sash at Claire's? Is there a particular type of glitter I should get? Thanks so much. I was able to get a Pirate experience, so now I'm on the lookout for an Izzy costume.

We have planned doing the very same thing curling her hair, putting on makeup, doing nails, and her wearing her Belle dress. My oldest and I will do each others hair as well. Add some glitter powder stuff While my bf takes my son for some pool time. My oldest wanted a little princess makover too she has been to bbb but thinks shes too old now.

There wasn't any times open for us to at bbb at the castle. But plenty at downtown Disney bbb. So we scheduled as early as we could. Then go right to magic kingdom. Can't wait to tell kids.

I agree it's a great idea to do it yourself. Unless you walk past the BBB, and she can see inside...she will have no clue everyone's mom did not do it themselves. You can buy a cheaper, more comfortable dress and do her hair the way you and she likes it.

We are doing the makeover in the room, too. I don't like how they do the girls' hair at BBB. We bought the new Belle dress at the Disney Store (25% off...the sale may still be going on). I bought a cute tiara at Claire's that I like a lot, but Disney Store does sell them.

We're going to do the hair like Belle wears it, just part of it in a bun, and the rest down and curled. I don't like the look of it pulled tightly in a bun, it's painful for the girls and it just isn't cute.

Ok, I'd love to have my DD4 made up at BBB. I've waited too long and they're booked. I am going to keep trying, but I want to be prepared for plan b. What if I make her up in the room? I am watching some gently used dresses on Ebay. I have also seen some very pretty ones on Etsy. I know it won't be the same as getting made up at the park, but it will save precious park time and money we could use on other things, like pick a pearl, etc.. Has anyone ever done this? Do you have any tips? I'm not that thrilled with what they do to the hair really. Maybe I can come up with something that doesn't look like it would kill her to get out. If I'm good enough at it, maybe she can be a few princesses at a few different park days. Thanks!

When are you going? Halloween glitter hairspray is the easiest. if it's before then Sally's beauty supply used to cary a spray on glitter it's almost prom season s they may have it now , you can also purchase the superfine glitter from the craft store and sprinkle it on immediately after you use regular hairspray you need to be ready though hairspray dries pretty fast and you need to get it in before it dries then add some more spray to really hold it in place.

you can buy hair elastics with curls that you can just wrap around a bun it would be very easy and really cute. The key to it staying in is to put enough gel or moose in before you try to pull it up.
I'm sure you can do it give it a try at home and see how you do if you need more help you can PM me.

I did my DD in the room with one of those butterfly clips and a dress my mother made. When we got on the Disney bus the bus driver asked everyone to be on the best behavior since there was a Disney princess aboard. she loved the compliment.

Later that week we went to the Barber sop and they did her hair with sprinkles. It looked great and she loved catching a glimpse of herself in the store windows. It was only like 10 or 15 dollars total. Can't beat that!

I will try to post pictures

Angel's momma- did you get the glitter and the sash at Claire's? Is there a particular type of glitter I should get? Thanks so much. I was able to get a Pirate experience, so now I'm on the lookout for an Izzy costume.

It's been 3-5 years since we bought the supplies. We got a birthday princess sash at Claire's the first time, and the next trip I ordered personalized sashes from ebay that said Princess _____. We did her nails at home, with princess & jewel stick ons. We didn't put her hair up because she has very long hair & prefers it down. We didn't use the loose glitter because of the mess. I bought Disney Princess hair glitter sticks (look like mascara) and sparkling hair gel at the Target Dollar Spot. I got colored spray-on body/hair glitter at Walmart. (I didn't get them all at once, I added some over the trips). Overall, I spent about $25 for the tiara, 2 sashes, and the glitter, but she used them every day for 3 trips, and I was very surprised to find out that they haven't dried out, so she's going to use them on our upcoming trip too.

DD loved it, but she was older when we did it. I would wait a few years and then spend the $, 4 may be a little young. DD got press on nails which didn't last long and she was very careful with them. We bought our dress at the Disney Store for Halloween and she wore for her makeover. We let her pick something special to do each year and she chose BBB one year. She did the cooking class at GF, the pirate cruise and several other things. One year we were walking around DTD and the fairy godmother sprinkled her hair with pixie dust! If you really want to do BBB, try the DTD location.

We did it ourselves in the room - brought hair glitter wands, body glitter, princess sash, and a jewelry quality tiara we found on clearance at Claire's. We had several different princess costumes that I bought on clearance after Halloween. We were able to do it every day of the trip, and DD got lots of compliments.

We always did it ourselves too. DD has a ton of long hair so I usually curled and glitter sprayed the back. It was always funny because people behind us in line always thought it was a hairpiece. DD dances, so I have fancy hair experience. I've never liked Claire's glitter, I order ours from discountdance . com We usually bought a new dress in the parks each trip, it was her souvenir.

They will sprinkle hair for free at check in area of BBb. They keep a can of fairy dust up there. They cover eyes with a plastic paddle thing and say a little rhyme. Quick, easy and free.

I agree! Do it yourself is the way to go. It was actually fun. I did practice her hair at home before we went so that I would know what I was doing and it went smoother the morning I actually did it. A little glitter eyeshadow, some gems, lip gloss and glitter hair/body spray and she was good to go! Here she is the morning we went to CRT.

Disney2012166.jpg

I'm going to do my girls hair in our room. I've bought a couple of dresses on clearance at Walmart. (they are comfortable and not itchy, lol) I'm going to find them a couple more dresses as well or costume of their choice to wear (they love dressing up). I chose to do their hair myself because it will be cheaper. I found the glitter hair gel and hairspray at Amazon. I'm also going to do lip gloss and paint their nails with Mickey heads. I'll pick up some more tiaras for them as well. :goodvibes

I didn't want to do BBB because of the price and my kids wouldn't be wearing the makeup. (I'm careful about things when it comes to getting put on the skin, one of my girls has eczema)

What do you do as far as shoes? I just let my girls wear their regular shoes for comfort. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter