Can't get breakfast or dinner ressies at our hotel!

akeogh

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Grand Floridian Hotel 3 nights/4 days December 17-20 (2 adults, 3 kids), but every single operating hour (breakfast through dinner) is booked up at 1900 Park Fare, their signature character restaurant. What are my walk-up chances? It seems ridiculous to be paying all that money to stay there and not be able to use the main restaurant. In their promotions, they talk about all the great "resort amenities" and so forth, but don't happen to say...."but only if you get in...."

First of all, I have to suggest that you keep trying multiple times an hour for an ADR to open up. Ive done this and have always been able to get a time i wanted. Even with a week to go! And while your at disney, if you still have no luck, get your concierge to check for you daily. If all else fails, definitely try walking up. you just never know! Some ppl cancel at the last minute or just dont show up. So it is possible. I've walked up to many 'hard to get' places and have been successful at most.

keep trying and I think you will get it. Also, you could look at the cancelled December adr thread everyday and try to snag one from someone cancelling.

I just got a dinner ressie for Chef Mickey's for next week because I kept looking. Alot of people have multiple ressies and canel as it gets closer.

If it makes you feel any better in all our stays at GF we've never bothered with 1900 and still feel like the resort is worth every penny :goodvibes

It is not Disney's policy to give priority for resort restaurant reservations for guests staying at the resort. Guests of the GF have the same shot as everyone else for reservations at 1900 Park Fare and those reservations opened for booking back in June I believe.

All you can do is keep checking for reservations for the date and time you want. Guests do cancel. If you can't get one before you go, check with the lobby concierge at GF every day.

I'm having a similar problem trying to get into the Crystal Palace. No openings for a party of 3 for any meal over a 5 day period (Dec. 13 - 17).
Unfortunately, I had a ressie but had to give it up b/c our flight times changed. Ugh! I keep checking multiple times a day.
Good luck!

Just keeping checking, a few times per day until the date you want. I had been doing that for an Ohana dinner for weeks & finally got one night before last for our December trip. :goodvibes
Checking the December cancelled ADR thread may help as well.
If you were there the 13th, I'm cancelling a 1900 PF dinner for then. Just keep trying, people cancel all the time. You may want to try calling the dining line as well. Sometimes they've found things for me when I couldn't find anything online.

I'd suggest that your searches include both parties of 5 as well as parties of 6. It seems that they don't have very many ADRs for parties of 6 but they have plenty for parties of 6. They'll seat you at the same sized table for either size group.

I've been trying to get 1900 PF for weeks now and still can't get it.:headache: Sorry if this doesn't give you much hope. I didn't realize this was such a popular place, which I commented on in a thread recently.:confused3 Good luck and keep trying.:goodvibes

Just also realized that Disney is changing their ADR cancellation policy for most character and signature meals. They will be charging customers if they cancel less than 24hrs before the ADR. Maybe this will free up some 1900 PF ADR's.

I also encourage you to keep trying! Especially closing in around the 45-day mark before your trip. I've been trying to get a CRT dinner for about 2 months, checking about twice daily online, and now that we're just over 45 days out, I picked one up a couple of days ago. I think guests cancel their resort and dining reservations close to the final payment day when they make the final decision about cancelling or postponing their vacation.

I'm sure you'll be able to get one! Keep trying!

Thank you so much for your suggestions and positive spirit!! I was soooo frustrated when I posted early this morning, but now - after reading all of your suggestions - and after reflecting that of course this trip will be amazing even if we can't eat at 1900 Park Fare - I am in a happy mood. Instead of getting frustrated on the the one little piece that isn't working out, I looked at my other exciting plans for the week. We're going to the Spirit of Aloha show, which will be fun for the kids. We've got a princess breakfast at Asherkus. We've got a Fantasmic dinner package. We're going to check out the Libery Tree Tavern for the first time (and can't wait for their Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake). I am determined to get the Dole Whip Float at MK, and a cappucino at the Patisserie in EPCOT....and, well, even if 1900 Park Fare isn't in the cards, I think it will be a pretty fantastic few days. BUT, I am now thinking hopefully that we'll even get that, with persistence. I'm aiming for a 4:30pm dinner on December 20...and if it works, it works. If it doesn't, then we'll try for it again in the future. Many thanks to everyone for giving me some love & helping me put it in perspective:hippie:!

Thank you so much for your suggestions and positive spirit!! I was soooo frustrated when I posted early this morning, but now - after reading all of your suggestions - and after reflecting that of course this trip will be amazing even if we can't eat at 1900 Park Fare - I am in a happy mood. Instead of getting frustrated on the the one little piece that isn't working out, I looked at my other exciting plans for the week. We're going to the Spirit of Aloha show, which will be fun for the kids. We've got a princess breakfast at Asherkus. We've got a Fantasmic dinner package. We're going to check out the Libery Tree Tavern for the first time (and can't wait for their Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake). I am determined to get the Dole Whip Float at MK, and a cappucino at the Patisserie in EPCOT....and, well, even if 1900 Park Fare isn't in the cards, I think it will be a pretty fantastic few days. BUT, I am now thinking hopefully that we'll even get that, with persistence. I'm aiming for a 4:30pm dinner on December 20...and if it works, it works. If it doesn't, then we'll try for it again in the future. Many thanks to everyone for giving me some love & helping me put it in perspective:hippie:!

Hang on to that attitude and keep trying daily :). We stayed at the GF last December and I decided kind of late to try to get 1900 Park Fare for dinner on our Christmas party night (12/17, which was a Friday). Finally, after about 2 months of checking every day multiple times a day with no luck, I was able to snag a 4:30 ADR for the night I wanted :thumbsup2. So it is possible that something will open up for you....just be patient and keep trying :goodvibes.

Here's a second vote for trying the walk-up if all else fails. Three years ago I took DD and she really wanted to eat at Chef Mickey's. I checked every day on the computer and by calling and could not get a table for 2. On the day we wanted to eat there, we took the monorail over and arrived at 4:00 and looked for someone to ask about getting a table ANY time that night. They told us to come back right at 5:00 and expect a 20 min wait. They wer super nice and actually forgot about us, so the wait was closer to 35 mins, but we were happy it worked out for us.

Good luck and hang in there! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter