Can't find cheap car rental for April

kandb

DIS Veteran
We want to rent a car from 4/5 thru 4/14 (9 days). I did put in a code for Budget and get a SUV for $315 ($415 after taxes). I picked the SUV because it wasn't much more then a ford taurus. Is $415 in the ballpark for 9 days? I tried thrifty and the city specials that we would always get were high. Will the prices go down as we get closer?

We want to rent a car from 4/5 thru 4/14 (9 days). I did put in a code for Budget and get a SUV for $315 ($415 after taxes). I picked the SUV because it wasn't much more then a ford taurus. Is $415 in the ballpark for 9 days? I tried thrifty and the city specials that we would always get were high. Will the prices go down as we get closer?

I got a great deal using travelocity, usually much cheaper if you can rent car at airport instead of neighborhood agency. Got an SUV for 10 days for $235. Using travelocity and picking up at airport. Enterprise even offered upgrade but I declined,

Our 7-day rental at Christmas was $275 after tax with Budget for a mid-size SUV.

If sticking with Budget, be sure to use the Travelocity public code X474200 and whatever coupon is currently available (check carrentalsavers for the current coupon listing).

Also check out this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

to see what you can get through National for your dates using the KLM Flying Blue discount. It dropped our rate for August from $325 taxes in with Budget to $266 taxes in with National for the same sized vehicle, and the KLM code gives you a whole whack of insurance coverages through National that you don't get with the Budget rental.

I'm not sure what is going on in April. Maybe we are too early. What bothers me is the crazy pricing schedules. I tried Alamo, but forgot to default one of the "noon" times. When I changed it to 3 hours later the rate went from $217 to $445. I called Alamo and they said "that can happen". Dollar has decent rates using KISS2 or the City Special tab. Let's hope things come down or Magical Express it is!

Last October we paid $317 for a 14 day rental (standard - Chevy Impala) from Alamo through Costco. But, I got that rate 3 weeks out. I am now looking for an 8 day rental (Alamo again)in May and find that the rate is almost $200 less if I pick the car up at the Disney car care center (they pick you up at your resort)or the Dolphin rather than at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter