Can't find a straight forward answer about cancelling ADR with credit card guarantee!

rebelbuddhist

Mouseketeer
Does anyone with actual experience with cancelling an ADR that required a credit card guarantee have a solid answer to how the policy works?
When making an ADR, the confirmation e-mail says that the card will be charged only if you do not show-- doesn't address cancellation within a certain time.
On the MDE website, the information icon (a small blue i) says that a charge will be made if there is a no show... it also is higher than $10 per person.
WDW has replied to two different e-mails with two different answers-- one saying that the cancellation must be at least 24 hours in advance; one that the cancellation has to be the day before. Does that mean up to 10:00 pm the day before an 8:00 am breakfast ADR the next day? Some say yes; some say no 24 housr in advance. On another forum, the consensus is that means up to 10:00 pm (by phone) or 11:59 pm on-line.
It would be nice simply to know in straightforward terms what the policy actually is. I am not challenging or arguing the merits of having or not having the policy just want to be clear exactly what the policy requires in the rare event I need to cancel an ADR that is guaranteed.

Does anyone with actual experience with cancelling an ADR that required a credit card guarantee have a solid answer to how the policy works?
When making an ADR, the confirmation e-mail says that the card will be charged only if you do not show-- doesn't address cancellation within a certain time.
On the MDE website, the information icon (a small blue i) says that a charge will be made if there is a no show... it also is higher than $10 per person.
WDW has replied to two different e-mails with two different answers-- one saying that the cancellation must be at least 24 hours in advance; one that the cancellation has to be the day before. Does that mean up to 10:00 pm the day before an 8:00 am breakfast ADR the next day? Some say yes; some say no 24 housr in advance. On another forum, the consensus is that means up to 10:00 pm (by phone) or 11:59 pm on-line.
It would be nice simply to know in straightforward terms what the policy actually is. I am not challenging or arguing the merits of having or not having the policy just want to be clear exactly what the policy requires in the rare event I need to cancel an ADR that is guaranteed.

It's 24 hours in advance. If you call the Disney reservation line, they'll fill you in. It's better to do that than check unofficial Disney blogs. Also, you can call within the 24-hour window and they'll allow you to cancel if you have a valid reason (illness, transportation issues, etc)..

It used to be anytime on the day before and the website said that explicitly. Now it appears to be 24 hours and the website does not say anything explicitly - in fact, all it says is that different restaurants may have different policies. (Fantasmic package says 48 hours - better give that one extra time).

Better use the 24 hours now. They changed it on the website, there could be a reason. And you are not going to get a straight answer out of Disney Dining. You already got two different answers from two different CMS. The fact is, that once again there IS no straightforward answer, so pick the safe option for now.

And it's always $10 per person for the no-show fee except:
Victoria & Albert's ($25 per person)
CRT or the three dinner shows (a no-show forfeits the full price of the meal)

I posted an email response I got from resort planner earlier this week that confirms that the policy is 24 hours cancellation required for ADRs secured with credit card (or $10/pp penalty for most) and no cancellation policy (other than good citizenship) for those that don't require credit card to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter