Can't decide where to stay

izzy25

Mouseketeer
Having a very hard time deciding what hotel to stay at. I've stayed at CSR & CBR as a teenager and loved both. Last year we stayed off grounds and next year we want to stay on grounds. I don't know if I should save money and stay at a value resort, or pay the extra 400-500 and go for a moderate resort. It's three of us, 2 adults and 1 8 year old.

I would stay at a value resort and use the money to enjoy more of wdw. My only drawback on value resorts are the long lines for buses. Apart from that, they are a great choice for a themed Disney stay.

I would go value and stay at all star sports... It is the first hotel that gets picked up by the busses and I have not encountered super long lines there personally... Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will ENJOY!!!

First, you need to decide how you want to vacation. Do you use the resort just to shower and sleep? If so, value is the answer. if you want to enjoy the amenities I would look at some of the moderates. WE like POFQ, but I have enjoyed stayng at CBR as well. WE use the resort as part of the vacation so we spend a little more.

So, think about it and then let us know what you are looking for in your resort, as well as how much time you will spend in it, and which parks you go to the most. Then we can give more targeted feedback. I think that many time thee is more to consider than just the savings or the additional spending.

I stayed at a Delxue (AKL) the first time, which was gorgeous, but we spent so little time at the resort that it kind of seemed a waste. I've stayed at Pop Century (value) on my last two trips, and loved it. The pool was so much fun, our room was quiet and clean, and we had decent bus service. It was great for us since we spend most of our time in the parks.

Start with a value, and then if you don't like it, stay at a moderate on your next trip.

First, you need to decide how you want to vacation. Do you use the resort just to shower and sleep? If so, value is the answer. if you want to enjoy the amenities I would look at some of the moderates. WE like POFQ, but I have enjoyed stayng at CBR as well. WE use the resort as part of the vacation so we spend a little more.

So, think about it and then let us know what you are looking for in your resort, as well as how much time you will spend in it, and which parks you go to the most. Then we can give more targeted feedback. I think that many time thee is more to consider than just the savings or the additional spending.

Since we were there last year, we do want this trip to be a bit more relaxed and not so go go go. We plan on taking a day and heading over to Clearwater Beach for the day to take our Daughter to see the ocean, and do want some down time at the resort to enjoy the pool and stuff. As far as parks, i'm thinking we will probably spend more time at Magic Kingdom given my daughters age (8 at the time of trip).

Thanks!

We stayed at Pop century last week and absolutely loved it! The rooms were great for us. We don't spend much time in the resort and when we are there. It's usually for a quick rest/nap or swimming and a shower. And Personally we never waited for a bus for very long. The longest wait we had was when we stayed at Hollywood for EMH until 11 and then our line and AOAs line was PACKED but even being that long. They got the line moving and I think it helped that we had more people. Cuz that made them bring the buses to our line because there were so many.

We love POR. My girls are 8 and 3. We go back to the resort a lot. We also enjoy the little bit of extra space, two sinks, and quiet pool close to our room. We also like to boat to DD and being able to walk to POFQ.

if I had to choose between a mod or a value I would choose value unless I was driving because the buses are better at the values than the mods. If I were driving I'd stay at POR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter