Cant decide - Riverside or French Qtr

After several stays at Riverside we're trying French Quarter for the first time this trip. Can't wait for May 14 to get here!! :thumbsup2
Have a great time whichever you choose!!

Carla

I have stayed at both. Ever since we tied the French quarter we haven't stayed anywhere else. The gounds are gorgeous, cast members seem extra friendly, and the boat to Disney springs is a great perk.

Hello,

Help me decide please. Will be a family of three - Mum, Dad and 18 mth baby.

First time at Disney with the baby. Don't plan on many park days except for the MNSSHP.

Will be mid-late Sept for 4 nights.

Don't like the look of the princess or alligator rooms.

What resort would be better for my needs? Fancy lots of resort time with trips to Disney Springs. Will have a rental car for off site trips.

Any thoughts?
For me the Mardi Gras theming at POFQ just ruins the way that resort makes me feel. For that reason, I prefer POR.

The problem though is the OP said he doesn't like the look of the Alligator Bayou rooms either, and since there's no way to guarantee getting a mansion room, he could end up getting an AB room. It sounds like he'd be happier at POFQ.
Yes, please keep this in mind. I didn't like the Alligator Bayou rooms, so I chose to request a mansion room at POR. I didn't get my request granted and ended up at Alligator bayou which I wasn't crazy about.

I just think with an 18 month old, the smaller size of POFQ would work better. It's been a while since I've had a little one but after doing WDW and DCL with my 4 year old niece this winter, I'm going with smaller is better. Obviously at POR OP could get lucky with a great location but it's just more spread out IMHO.

Another vote for POFQ here. I have stayed at both and while POR has a great pool and food court, I much prefer the convenience and size of FQ.

We got an Alligator Bayou room and it seemed far away from the lobby. We also found it difficult to find our nearest bus stop. I feel like the signage around the paths were confusing- maybe because the paths were windy and it was hard to distinguish which way the arrows pointed- or maybe we are just slow!! One night after getting off at either the West or North depot, we had to be rescued by a golf cart a long with some other lost people!! So we ended up using the bus stop by the lobby every time since it was easy to find.

POFQ is the resort I really want to stay on our next trip. Unfortunately there never seems to be a discount for this resort so we will likely stay elsewhere. We have stayed in the Bayou and liked the rooms. I definitely recommend going where your money will go further.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I didn't think this post would get so many hits!

Looks like FQ is winning in everyone's responses. Must check out the photos on the website, and also a few reviews on TripAdvisor.

Loving this discussion :-)

One other question. As a parent of (At the time will be) 18 mld baby, who will hopefully be walking, am I allowed with her in the area where they have splash play. I see you have to be x inches or below, but would like to be nearby. Always conscious in this world that we live in that I might not be allowed in this area, yet wouldn't want my child there alone.

One other question. As a parent of (At the time will be) 18 mld baby, who will hopefully be walking, am I allowed with her in the area where they have splash play. I see you have to be x inches or below, but would like to be nearby. Always conscious in this world that we live in that I might not be allowed in this area, yet wouldn't want my child there alone.

Yes, you will be allowed in there with her.

We have stayed at both and definitely prefer POFQ for the size. The pathways at POR are never-ending!!

If he faxes in a request prior to arrival like it shows in the POR thread that Andre does they will do everything in their power to move him to a mansion room. I've done it before & have always gotten my request. Just giving him a lot more options than POFQ since it's so compact & if they're spending more time at the resort there's tons to do at POR without having to walk there from POFQ. But in the end they will choose what works before for them & that's great.

Just because you've always gotten your request is no guarantee he can have the same results. At least at POFQ, all the rooms have the same decor.

We also have great luck getting our request via a fax, but in this case I agree with siskaren, because the odds of getting a room are a lot slimmer since the OP does not really like the AB rooms or the RGR, so they have eliminated 3/4 of the rooms at POR. The 2 PO resorts are our families favorite resorts, with a slight edge to POFQ.

Have never stayed at POR so have no comparison. But have stayed at POFQ three times and don't have a single thing to complain about! Love absolutely everything about the resort. Some of the nicest cast members I've run into anywhere on property!

We are HUGE fans of POFQ. Our favourite moderate resort - feels like home to us. With a young child, the compact resort will save you extra walking.
We are staying at PORS next trip, but only because it was in the Free Dining bounceback offer and POFQ wasn't included (and as PP mentioned, POFQ is rarely included in special offers). We booked preferred room at PORS because it is such a big resort (especially when compared to POFQ). So while we like both resorts, I'd give the nod to the FQ. I'm sure that you will enjoy either! Have fun.

We also prefer POR, but we like POFQ too. And with an 18mo old, the smallness of POFQ would be easier. Building 4 is a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter