• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't decide - resort for teens

luvthatdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We are planning our 25th wedding anniversary trip to WDW this summer (June or July). We have been many times and are looking to stay at a Deluxe this trip. We are wanting to try something new. We have already stayed at CR, Poly, WL on prior trips (as well as some value and mod resorts).

I am looking at AKL, but I am not sure. We will be travelling with my DD who will turn 16 in July and one of her friends. We are kind of on a budget, so GF is out of the question unless I get a good discount.

I do work for a school system so I can get the Swan/Dophin discount, but I am not sure if that is a true disney experience, which we all love.

Any suggestions???:confused3

I would highly suggest Yacht and Beach club. why? teens like Hollywood studios. They like Epcot. These resorts are in easy reach of both. Awesome pool. Has a lazy river; they show movies on the beach, there's a volleyball net, there's a ping-pong table, there are games in the pool area led by CM's. Lots and lots of activities going on. Lots of restaurants to choose from nearby at Epcot, and the Boardwalk at night.

I third the BC. I have only stayed at the POLY, but staying at the BC you are SO close to 2 parks...plus there is a lot to do!

Have you asked them?

We also will be celibrating our 25th Anniverary and staying at
AKL with our 14 year old DS. This is our 1st Deluxe resort stay.
DS is looking forward to animal viewing.

With the bus system your DD and her friend will have no problems getting
around. They are old enough if they wanted to go to the parks so
you could pretty much stay at any of the WDW resorts.

We are on a budget also and I've been saving for this trip for 2 years and the only
time we could afford to stay AKL is during Value Season and hoping for FD--
DS is a Food Vaccum.Wouldn't it be wonderful to stay at GF or even any of the Deluxe WDW
in the Epcot Area (100+++ more per night than AKL and WL--sorry but just day dreaming).
think AKL and WL are reasonably priced Deluxe resorts.
During the Summer months the prices spike and the Deluxe resorts are
top dollar.

All WDW resorts have Arcades so I wouldn't base my visit on that
and I'm not sure teen girls will want to spend there time in there.
All WDW resort have reliable Transportation.

Our 1st favorite resort is POR and I would be staying there but decided
because of our 25th to try something special but future trips we will
probably go back to POR.

Have a Wonderful Trip and Happy Anniversary!!

The Boardwalk is a great area for teens. It has lots of activities going on (entertainment etc) and they could go out and walk around on their own a bit. We love the area and are planning on staying there when our dd is older, right now we need the convenience of a monorail resort.

We had a 12 and 13 with us on our last trip and the 13 year old loved AKV Kidani and the 12 year old was in love with BLT...

We were in 2 BRs

I also suggest BC. We stayed there once when it was my Mom, Dad, Me(18), Friend(18), Sister(17), Sisters friend(16), and my brother(13), we all had a blast. The pool was great, arcade was a bonus, the short walk to Epcot proved valuable and being able to walk on the boardwalk was fun. All in all we had a ton of stuff to do and felt more independant being able to go around on our own.

I agree with the Beach Club as well. 2 major theme parks they can access easily. Plenty of things to do at the boardwalk..great pool. not such a kiddy theme at the hotel etc

Hope you have a great trip!

Jule/July 2010 ?

I would do the Swan or Dolphin.
www.swandolphin.com

Look for AAA, teacher, government, nurse (if you qualify) or specail summer rates. Call the Swan/Dolphin reservations directly and always mention specail occasions you are celebrating. (888) 828-8850

Join Starwood ans get a free upgrade when you arrive if a better room is available. Plus offer below.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/index.html?ES=SOP_SPG50_ENROLLSPG_IND_SEC

Very close to EPCOT (next door to YC/BC) across from the BW.

Great 3-acre Groot pool with a waterfall, rock slide and volleyball net. There are 3 other pools to swim in also.

The rooms have Heavenly beds and are 360 sq feet.
A balcony view is wonderful.
The Swan has 2 sinks and the Dolphin 1 in the bathrooms, but has lots of counter space.
Mini-refrigerators, free WI-FI, 2 water bottles per day, free 60 minutes of phone call per day and use of the health club. (resort fee though is $10/day)

See below for some rates per the Swan/Dolphin website:

:goodvibesSummer Looks Suite.
Enjoy 50% off Executive Suites May - September Bring the whole family to Orlando and enjoy 50% off our rack rate for executive one bedroom suites May 1 - September 30. Each suite features one king or two double beds and includes a separate living area.
Rates start from only $275* per night (reg.$600)! Hurry, this offer won't last and must be booked by March 31, 2010.
To Book Now call (888) 828-8850 and mention promo code SUITES2.

:goodvibes Exclusive Offer for Starwood Preferred Guests®
There's no better time to get away & enjoy the sun and fun of Walt Disney World®. Exclusive to Starwood Preferred Guests®, we invite you to enjoy half-off the rack rates with a redemption of 1,000 Starpoints® for stays through December 31, 2010.
Reserve your experience by phone at 1-888-625-4988 and mention rate code SPG50. Must be a Starwood member.

:goodvibes Exclusive Offers for AAA Members
AAA members receive extraordinary benefits when staying at The Walt Disney World Dolphin. Book today and receive exclusive offers for your next Disney Vacation. Just show your card upon check-in and save!
Enjoy up to 15% off our best available rates
Book & Enjoy complimentary breakfast each day of your stay
To take advantage of these great offers, click the button for the offer and hotel of your choice or call 888-828-8850 and ask about our AAA Rates. Guests must provide AAA membership identification upon check in

Uh oh, I was going to say GF because that is my DD16s resort of choice this year. We will be celebrating her 17th bday. But, last year celebrating her 16th, we took DD and a friend of hers, and we stayed at AKL and we all LOVED it! :lovestruc The girls especially loved Boma and the pool and hot tub. DDs friend loved it so much she's still talking about it a year later.

We are bringing DS and his girlfriend (both 17) and staying at the Beach Club this July. We've stayed at this resort in the past and loved it! So many pros to this resort . . the walk to epcot, the boardwalk, stormalong bay and beaches and cream makes this resort a real plus IMHO. :thumbsup2

Have a great time and happy anniversary!:goodvibes

We're doing Boardwalk this trip and my soon to be 15 & 21 year old girls are VERYYYYY excited!! Lots to do, lots of action, right on the water, VERY cool pool!! :banana:

I'm 19, and though I've only ever stayed at the Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge, I've always thought the Beach Club looked like fun. Like previous posters have said, it's location is great and from what I've heard the pool is tons of fun. I think I'd have a hard time staying outside of the MK resort area, but if I ever did, I'd definitely go with the Beach Club. :thumbsup2

Although I'm a huge Poly fan (and the only other resort I've stayed at is AKL), I would think your best choice would be the Beach Club because of the central location. Personally, I think the AKL would be too remotely located if you plan on letting them come & go on their own to the parks.

OP here ~

Thanks everyone! Sounds like I need to check out the BC! It is not even one I thought about, but it does sound interesting. Is there a part of the resort that is better to stay in?

I am going to start researching now!!!:lovestruc

Beach Club is a terrific choice, for all the reasons previous posters mentioned. Nearly 20 years ago, we celebrated my brother's 13th birthday there and we all loved it. Just returned from a trip with my 3 boys (the two older boys are pre-teens) and the location - walking to BOTH DHS and EPCOT - was perfect for their ages (and for us!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter