Cant decide: Pop Century or Carribean Resort.

hcnguitar

Constantly planning a DisneyWorld Vacation
I returned from WDW in May 06, only to start booking our next trip there, which will be our long overdue honeymoon, in May 07.
Im having a difficult time deciding on which Hotel to stay at, between POP and Carribean.
Prices arent that different, nor are amenities, so what are your opinions on these 2 resorts?
Thx in Advance.

the CBR has several more amenities than POP.

Pop is a value resort - has only a food court, lounge.

CBR is a moderate has a food court, restuarant, lounge.

both have lakes.

but you can rent boats and bikes at CBR - you can't at Pop.

Pop has the better arcade.

are you a good walker? - you need to be at CBR.

everything at Pop is closer together - so being able to walk a long distance doesn't really help here.

Pop has one bus stop. CBR has 5 bus stops - before the bus can leave to the parks.

CBR has a nice beach, a main pool and 6 smaller quiet pools. this includes a slide on the main pool.

Pop has a main pool and 2 quiet pools.

cbr map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

pop
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.htm

I prefer Pop it is organized better - plus it is cheaper (if it is not then they have you for a preferred room - do it again using a standard room)

For your honeymoon? :bride:

I wouldn't recommend Pop for a honeymoon. There are a lot of kids running around, it's pretty loud and the atmosphere isn't exactly soothing. Everything is very 'in your face' at Pop.

I've stayed at both and I would recommend CBR hands down. It's a lot more relaxed and quiet. It is bigger, and pretty spread out but I wouldn't mind the privacy on my honeymoon :lovestruc

If it's an option, what about POFQ or POR? We stayed at POR when we got engaged, I liked the layout better than CBR and it's still pretty laid back compared to Pop. I haven't stayed at POFQ but I've heard great things.

Good luck!

We were at CBR last year -haven't been to Pop, but in planning our trip for Spring Break next year, I considered Pop for about a day to save money. There is quite a considerable difference between the two for this single mom and her DS13. But, when I think of the value resorts, I think of lots of young families, with lots of young children, and I think crowded and noisy! It may not be a fair assumption, but I know from last year that CBR is very, very quiet and relaxing. I've just booked for next year at CBR and looking forward to it.

For a honeymoon, I'm thinking that somewhere beautiful and romantic would be desirable, and CBR definitely are both of those!

Regardless, you'll have a great time...congrats!

I would pick CBR in a heartbeat. I've never been a fan of the huge icons or the lack of landscaping at Pop. Shutters, their restaurant, is awsome too.

We stayed at Pop for our honeymoon last month before 4 nights on the Wonder (the relaxing part).

We were in the parks every day during our stay but when we were there I didn't find it overly noisy....there are quiet areas away from the main pool. We were in the '70s.

If you plan on spending more time at your hotel I'd probably choose a moderate or a deluxe. If you're spending most of your time in the parks like we did I think Pop is fine.

There has never been any question for me- we have stayed at one value resort (all star music I think) but were so fed up after two nights we upgraded to Coronado Springs. For the extra $30 or so per night the moderate resorts are well worth it. CB is very nice.

If you don't mind spending the money CBR would be our pick. It is a very scenic and relaxing resort. If you would like to see our last photos in Sept 06 click on the Wonder photo, then click my shots tab and go to our Disney Sept 2006 photo album. We enjoyed our stay at the CBR.

Look at my signature & you can see how often we've stayed at POP. We thought POP was great. Then.....we tried CBR for 9 days in May...now we'll never stay at POP again. We loved CBR!!! Beautiful!!

We just stayed at CBR this past July for the second time. We love it! The landscaping is so beautiful! Our rooms were always very nice and clean. We love the main pool area with the great food court and fun gift shops nearby. We love the tropical feel of the entire place! Needless to say it's very different from where I live in Kansas! :rotfl: I think it would be the perfect place for a honeymoon! :love:

I would pick CB over pop century. I just returned from my trip 1.5 hours ago. After staying at POP for a week, I would not return. It's a nice clean hotel, however its far away from everything and very difficult to go places and come back at night. CB when i went a few years back was a much more decent hotel, its def. worth the extra $50 a night.

I have stayed at POP and at POFQ, and in one week will be at CBR :banana: . If I were going for my honeymoon, I would have to say POFQ, like a previous poster. Its so cute, very quiet and can be very romantic :lovestruc at night...Who knows, maybe my opinion will change after staying at CBR next week, but I have to say I am in love :lovestruc with POFQ.

Another vote for CBR. Spring for the King Bed room either in a preferred section or Jamaica. The resort is so beautiful and relaxing. You'll love it. :thumbsup2

CBR Martinique section. IMO, it is the best location at that resort. It is preferred, so a little more money per night. But, the extra few bucks negates the long walk referenced in an earlier thread. It is also one of the first bus stops (actually second, if memory serves) , which negates the prospect of no bus seating.
Martinique Section also has a very nice quiet pool, and is just a few minutes' walk to the main pool and food court.

CBR for the extra amenities and because it's your honeymoon.

We just came home from CBR last night. We loved it. We had a preferred location (Trinidad North) - it was wonderful. We did not have one complaint about anything to do with this resort. :cheer2:

tink_n_pooh said:
For your honeymoon? :bride:

I wouldn't recommend Pop for a honeymoon.

Ohh!! Too funny!!!! That's where we stayed last year for our honeymoon and we LOVED it! In fact, we loved it so much that we decided to stay there again!! We love the theming, the food court, the location, the lake... It was wonderful!!! We didn't notice any more noise here than at any of the other resorts we visited. Of course, we were looking for more fun and adventure instead of relaxing and quiet. We had just gotten back from staying at the Opryland Hotel for the first part of our honeymoon, so that was our relaxing part I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter