Can't decide on which Epcot resort - help

JJ&JSMOM

DIS Veteran
We've decided to stay in a deluxe resort in the Epcot area but we are having a difficult time deciding which one. Our TA recommends the Beach Club due to SAB. The pool is really a big deal for us but I don't know I look at the pics of the Beach Club and it doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm not sure why. I think our youngest two would really like the zero entry and the sand area. My son would love the slide but don't like the fact that he'd have to walk so far to get to the entrance stairs. We'd have to split up.

The Boardwalk just intrigues me. Love the pool - the kids have seen the pics of the clown and it doesn't bother them at all. I think we would enjoy the activities and atmosphere of the Boardwalk.

The Swan and Dolphin are not disney resorts but they're in the area and the pool looks great! Don't really care about not being able to charge to our room key or the package delivery. Not even sure we'd do the dining plan so those aren't factors for us.

I'm open to any all all advice. We wouldn't be going until May of 2010 and we're a family of 5 - me, DH DD4, DD7 & DS10. So we have plenty of time but I haven't seen any reviews lately on the Epcot resorts.

Thank you for your help.

Anyways Stormalong Bay is temporarily closed. BWI Cl is whe4re we are staying August 23-28. We love the whole atmosphere of the Boardwalk and especially the cl lounge.

BC is not as great since it is not on the Boardwalk. BC has a nice beach but if you are worrying about the pool factor, take BWI.

I have stayed at Beach Club,Swan, and Boardwalk. nd now I stay exclusivelt at the BCv.The pool is absolutely phenomenal .It is a mini-waterpark. I love literally walking over the little bridge into Epcot. Boardwalk was nice but I hated having to go out of the resort onto the BW to get drinks or snacks, and the pool didn't appeal to me at all.Plus I think I was stuck at the room furthest from everything.The Swan was very nice and we would stay there except no dining plan, or Disneys Magical Express

I highly recommend the BC. Your kids wil LOVE the BC pool complex! Ours (4 and 6) can't wait to go back.

The BC is only a 2 minute stroll around the lagoon to the BW and all that is offered there, and it is less that a 5 minute walk into Epcot.

Anyways Stormalong Bay is temporarily closed. BWI Cl is whe4re we are staying August 23-28. We love the whole atmosphere of the Boardwalk and especially the cl lounge.

BC is not as great since it is not on the Boardwalk. BC has a nice beach but if you are worrying about the pool factor, take BWI.

SAB is not closed. It closed in phases for routine maintainance. Most of it is opened and will completely be open on April 16th

The BC is an awesome resort......we LOVED our stay there :thumbsup2. We've never stayed at BWI but if that's the resort that appeals to you, then that's the one you should go with. I understand the "not appealing to you" factor as we have no desire to stay at the CR for that reason because theming is also important to us and we just don't see the draw to the CR .....so we don't stay at a resort if the "appeal" isn't there. You will get lots of opinions on all the Epcot resorts....but I say go with the one that appeals to your tastes the most ;). Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a magical trip no matter which resort you choose :wizard:.

We have stayed at all 5 of the Epcot resorts and prefer the BW and YC because they are so quiet. The BC is just a too noisy and crowded for our tastes

Another personal preference thing. We stayed at the BC and will never stay there again. Just not our style.. plus we didn't like having to go through the lobby in our bathing suits to get to the pool. We love the ambiance of the Boardwalk and love staying there. The pool is definitely nicer at the BC, but not enough of a draw to want to go back.

OP left the Yacht Club off the list of Epcot resorts. It is a separate resort from BC (although the two buildings are connected and many of Disney's marketing materials do refer to them together). Guests of the YC also have access to SAB (which is not fully closed now and will, in any event, be reopening shortly, so the current closure will not affect a May 2010 trip). YC is my favorite of the Epcot resorts, but I think they are all great. If you want to stay in that area, all the resorts there have some pros and cons, but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

It's very subjective, but I prefer the boardwalk. I just love the atmosphere there.

I have stayed at all the Epcot resorts and BC is the best IMO.

You will love it, and the walk to the pool is not that big of a deal. Honestly if you stay at the other resorts its about the same.

we have stayed at BCV and BWV and we really liked them both. BC is about a 10 minute walk at most to epcot.. whereas swan and dolphin and boardwalk are walking distance (to us at least.. about 20 minute) to HGM. We walk to HGM and Epcot from both... but if the pool is the deciding factor then... BCV or Yacht Club with Storm Along Bay.. its awsome..Either place I think you will be happy.. but BC seems the most kid friendly.

We have stayed at the Yatch Club and really enjoed it. YC shares SAB with BC so you can still use it. Plus, you can still walk to everything in no time. So if you like SAB but not crazy about BC look into YC.

We've stayed at BWI, BC, and YC. The main thing that bothered us about the BWI was that we had to walk out on the boardwalk to eat. We really like restaurants inside the hotel, but we got used to this and soon enough we adjusted. YC was very nice and elegant, but again we found it simply not our style as there weren't many kids or families and it was rather subtle and quiet (which would be fine except that we had 2 year old twins along who wanted some action.....). Therefore, the BC is perfect for us. We just love the beachy and pastel atmosphere there. It's so bright and cheerful. And we love the character breakfast in the lobby and also Beaches & Cream.

After trying all 3 of those resorts, we knew that we LOVE the boardwalk area and we LOVE the BC resort. So we found we could get the best of both worlds by staying at BC and simply walking over to the boardwalk to enjoy it as often as we want to. It's only about a 5-minute walk and there is lots of scenery along the way.

Whatever you decide, the loop of Epcot resorts is all within walking distance of eachother, so you can easily enjoy the restaurants and action of the other resorts (except no pool hopping to YC/BC pool...). It's really just a matter of taste.

Thanks for all the replies. I kind of eliminated the YC prior to posting as I thought it was more for adults then families w/children. But I'll look at again. Same amenities as BC but on the quieter side - thats a possiblility. We've stayed at the Poly before and one of the things I don't like about the Poly is the lobby area - upstairs and downstairs - was very loud and busy.

I'm not overly concerned with the fact the S&D doesn't have ME. Prior to ME, we always booked Mears anyways. But probably will go with a disney resort anyways.

Thanks again.

Sounds like you're leaning towards the Boardwalk! Honestly, though, I don't think you can make a bad choice between these resorts... They're all so close to Epcot! Plus they're all deluxe resorts with great pools. If I were you, I don't think I'd do Swan/Dolphin though (No magical express, no dining plan, and from what I hear no Disney feel). Good luck with your decision and have a great trip!

Thanks for all the replies. I kind of eliminated the YC prior to posting as I thought it was more for adults then families w/children. But I'll look at again. Same amenities as BC but on the quieter side - thats a possiblility. We've stayed at the Poly before and one of the things I don't like about the Poly is the lobby area - upstairs and downstairs - was very loud and busy.

I'm not overly concerned with the fact the S&D doesn't have ME. Prior to ME, we always booked Mears anyways. But probably will go with a disney resort anyways.

Thanks again.

My kids love it there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter