Can't decide! Need help with dinner choice

luvdmouse

Mouseketeer
Family of five trying to choose two restaurants for dinner. Kids don't need character interactions because we've been to WDW many times. My kids are considered adults by Disney standards but only want cheese pizza, macaroni and cheese, chix nuggets or grilled cheese. Three that I was looking at were: Goofy's, Ariel's with World of Color, or Storyteller's Cafe. Would even consider ESPN, if it was decent. Any suggestions would be appreciated on the above choices or a sit down dinner that you would highly recommend. Thanks!!!!

If your kids like pizza, then they'd love PCH Grill at the Paradise Pier Hotel. The kids get to make their own pizzas & then take them up to the chef to cook them. My kids had a blast doing this! We love eating at this restaurant, it's smaller, quieter & the food is outstanding. It gets missed because it's a little bit of a walk being at the PPH. HIGHLY RECOMMEND giving this restaurant a try!

3229.jpg

3240.jpg

Obviously Goofy's has lots of character interaction which you said your kids don't need but they also have a great buffet that would include all the foods on your list. Ariel's WoC dining package is great and gets you the preferred viewing fastpass tickets but will have a much more limited selection on the menu:

Shared Antipasti Tower for the table (your choice of roasted vegetables and salad or meat and cheese)
Choice of one entree:
Mafalde Pasta with Italian Sausage - Curly ribbons of pasta tossed in a Piemonte-style ragu with spicy Italian sausage, sauteed bell peppers and sweet onions.
Herb-Crusted Chicken Breast - Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.
Santa Maria-style Tri-tip - Slow roasted over rock salt and smoked with red oakwood. Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.
Filet of Redfish - Grilled Redfish served over wild rice pilaf, delicately topped with a sweet & spicy pineapple chutney. Served with a medley of seasonal vegetables.
Spinach and Ricotta Agnolotti - Topped with fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, julienne onions and asparagus served in a light mushroom broth.
Cioppino - A fragrant bowl of the ocean's finest, including lobster claw, pink scalllops, redfish, green-lip mussels and shrimp, plus Bilbao chorizo bathed in a robust fire-roasted tomato broth.
A shared dessert platter of Seahorse Lava Cake, Chocolate-Chip Strips, Cheesecake Tarts with Raspberries, S'more Chocolate Bites and a White Chocolate Conch Shell with Garden-fresh Berries.
Kid's Menu:
Glazed Chicken on Sugar-Cane-Skewer
Cuts of tender chicken, grilled and glazed atop a bed of rice.
Served with fresh fruit.

Kid-Cut Tri-Tip
Tri-tip strips, cooked hot and tender,
with white-Cheddar mashed potatoes.
Served with seasonal vegetables

Seashell Pasta
Pasta shells lightly tossed in a velvety cheese sauce,
then sprinkled with Cheddar-fish crackers.
Served with fresh fruit.

Meatball Lollipops
Hearty ground turkey nestled atop spaghetti and house Marinara sauce.
Served with fresh fruit.

Not sure how much older than 9 your kids are but you may be able to still order the kid's menu

Both Storyteller's and ESPN zone will have kid's menu and/or something from the list of foods you have. We have always enjoyed ESPN - food is great!

You can request kid's meals, they'll just give you more and charge you more. So if any of their favs are on the kid's menu, I would just ask.

If your kids like pizza, then they'd love PCH Grill at the Paradise Pier Hotel. The kids get to make their own pizzas & then take them up to the chef to cook them. My kids had a blast doing this! We love eating at this restaurant, it's smaller, quieter & the food is outstanding. It gets missed because it's a little bit of a walk being at the PPH. HIGHLY RECOMMEND giving this restaurant a try!

3229.jpg

3240.jpg

It's done the same way at Story Tellers :)

Haven't been lately but have done ESPN a few times. The food is generally decent. There's always something my kids will eat, and they are pretty much the pasta, cheeseburger, chicken nuggets types too if allowed to be. I'm not as fond of ESPN because it's noisy and full of video stimuli and I sometimes want a quiet break after being in the hubbub of the parks all day. My boys though love the sports-filled video screens and the video games upstairs.

I don't know if you want an in-park option, but one nice sit down option is Carnation Cafe. You can make preferred seating reservations and not have to wait. My kids love carnation cafe. Its fun cuz you are right on main street and can watch the people walking by. Great atmosphere!

My kids like the mac and cheese on the kids' menu and have been able to order from it, even though they are older. Well, one day, my kids' tried the pot pie and now they love it. :goodvibes

I have boys and they love ESPN. It is OK.

Have you been to a Rainforest Cafe? If not, I'd put that on the list. It's interactive (but not Disney characters) as the setting is in a rainforest. My kids love it. It's also right at the stop for the monorail, so if you're in the park, all you need to do is take the monorail out and you're there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter