can't decide - jiko or narcoossee's

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by watkinsme, Mar 5, 2010.

1. watkinsme

watkinsme I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)

It will be DH, me, ds(5) dd (4), and dd (11 months)

we are doing the deluxe plan.

We aren't going to the parks this day, so will be able to do an early dinner.

We originally thought about doing Jiko, but now can't decide between that and Narcoossee's

Which is better?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. latexscooter

latexscooter Be nice even if it takes some effort.

We did Jiko last year and it was marvelous. The food was wonderful and I thought the atmosphere very nice - not too stuffy. Of course I'm a big AKL fan but my vote is for Jiko.

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Wow - these are both great choices and there really isn't any wrong answer. I guess with the little ones along I'd go for Narcoossee's because of a little more relaxed atmosphere and the ability to watch Wishes (if you time it right) from the restaurant.

5. watkinsme

the night we'd be going they are doing mnsshp, so I'm unsure what time they'd do fireworks...

6. Pakey

Pakey DIS Veteran

Food is better at Jiko. View and atmosphere is better at Narcoosees. Tough choice.

7. heatherlynn444

heatherlynn444 DIS Veteran

Narcoossees is my favorite!:love:

8. srdipert

srdipert DIS Veteran

I agree 100%

9. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Actually, there will be fireworks during mnsshp, which you'll be able to watch from outside the park.

10. OceanAnnie

OceanAnnie <font color=maroon>I guess I have a thing against

Ours too. Another thing for us, AKL is just so far away and requires so much time to get to and from (if you aren't staying at AKL).

11. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Unless fireworks viewing is an absolute must, Jiko would be my choice. It's just a better restaurant.

12. JDUCKY

JDUCKY Local Yocal

If they keep the same fireworks as last year, there are a lot of perimeter fireworks so the view from Narcoossee's would be awesome!

My gf and I ate there this past Sunday night and had a table by the window. They play the audio and dim the lights. It was great!

Oh, and the food was pretty darn good, too. On par with Jiko, imo.

13. watkinsme

Were staying at POFQ...time really isn't an issue because it's our non-park day...just swimming, maybe hit DTD or putt putt...lol

now I'm leaning towards Narcoossee...lol...

14. jess20k

jess20k DIS Veteran

We have dined at both, and we like Narcoossee's better. Narcoossee's is actually our favorite restaurant at Disney. I know Jiko gets a lot of raves, but it was just so so for us. I ordered the filet, and was a little disappointed with it. I think it was because most people love it and maybe I had higher expectations for it. I also think Narcoossee's is a better atmosphere for the kids. My DS14 loves it, and we have been taking him since he was small.

15. snowdrift7

snowdrift7 DIS Veteran

We couldn't decide either - so this May we plan to do both. We like the food at Jiko much more - plus watching the animals on the savannah after dinner is a special treat for my family. However, Narcoossee's atmosphere is wonderful.

Whichever you choose, enjoy!

16. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

For me the decision is easy, I think Narcoossee's not only has the better location and atmosphere, but the food is better as well. This is only my personal opinion based on my own personal experience.

17. Lindsaygirl27

Lindsaygirl27 Mouseketeer

I have only eaten at Jiko and I have to say that the food is out of this world.

I had the
    Braised Beet Salad - with smoked bacon, goat cheese, shallot marmalade and sherry vinaigrette $11.00
    Roasted Lamb Loin- with herbed couscous, sun-dried cherries and red curry sauce $34.00
    Allspice-Flavored Cake with Seasonal Berries - Allspice-flavored cake soaked in raspberry honey with seasonal berries and honey sabayon $8.99

and my boyfriend had
    Taste of Africa - Trio of Dips with Assorted Breads and House-made Naan $9.00
    Grilled Swordfish - with Crisp Mealie Pap, asparagus and tomato-pancetta vinaigrette $36.00
    Pistachio Creme Brulee - With a chocolate-layered bottom $8.99

I used DDP and we had to use 2 points to eat here. Well worth it either way if I could I would have eaten at this resturant every day!!!!!

18. Chevyscool

Chevyscool Mouseketeer

Right there with ya...totally agree, Narcoossee's is our favorite restaurant on property! Just love it, the food is great, laid back atmosphere and fireworks (Wishes) off the deck! :cloud9: Plus my kids love the Electrical Water Pagent, too! (By the way, I believe Hallowishes are at 9:30pm during MNSSHP, at least they have been for the last few years. I know they pipe in the regular Wishes music, not sure about Hallowishes though.)

19. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran