Can't decide if I should switch from BLT to Poly or GFV.

Poly, BLT OR GFV for 2 adults, no kids!

• POLY Lake View

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • BLT Theme Park View

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • GFV Lake View

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

geraghty

Mouseketeer
My wife and I will be celebrating our ten year Anniversary this fall. We usually do a split stay with BLT and BCV. This will be our first trip to Disney without the kids. We will only have 3 nights so a split stay is out.
Right now I have a theme park view studio at BLT, but was wondering if Poly or GFV would be a better setting. From what I've seen on the internet Poly views look obstructed by the bungalows. Any first hand experiences would be great. Thanks

Do you own at VGF? If not, I don't know that you'll get a studio at 7 months, save via waitlist or for a night or two as a split stay. Better chance if you're willing to pay for a 1BR, but it sounds like you are eyeing a studio.

PVB lake view rooms have better views as you go higher. We had a third-floor room that had a great view of the fireworks.

I, personally, don't see value in the BLT theme park view rooms, but I love BLT. I did not care for VGF.

VGF would be awesome for your anniversary. I agree it could be tough to get at 7 months if you need a studio. I suggest that you go to the Queen Victoria Room at Victoria and Alberts (at VGF) for a really special meal.

PVB lake view rooms have better views as you go higher. We had a third-floor room that had a great view of the fireworks.

I, personally, don't see value in the BLT theme park view rooms, but I love BLT. I did not care for VGF.
I don't usually don't get a theme park view, but I couldn't get a standard at exactly 11 months out. Is the view better at Poly over BLT? They appeared to obstructed. Is first floor rooms at Poly Lake view?

We like to stay at various resorts so I'd recommend trying one of the others although I do like the TPV at BLT. I'd try VGF if it's available but PVB is ok too. The LV is questionable on the first floor so that's a risk with that room category. IMO it's a Bungalow view where you can see the water they stand over.

No kids coming? VGF would be the choice easily. However, getting a studio at VGF at 7 is tough sledding. I would mix it up and choose the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter