1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I will create a thread on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and another thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Cant decide! 9 days away! Help

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mbfaith406, Feb 15, 2013.

1. mbfaith406

mbfaith406 New Member

We are 9 days away from Disney World! Whoop whoop! We currently have reservations at Port Orleans French Quarter....after some discussion we kind of would like to stay at AKL...last min I know....which would be the best for a 5 night stay?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. More info needed. How many, what ages? :)

4. 4everGoofy

4everGoofy New Member

AKL is beautiful, especially the lobby at night. It is a bit out of the way but not a big deal if you don't mind bus rides.

5. Debrn

Debrn New Member

We are heading there in 10 days can't wait our 1st stay at AKL

6. mbfaith406

mbfaith406 New Member

Me and my parents (23, 40s) we are driving down from NC so we are going to drive between parks

7. owl0306

owl0306 New Member

i would switch. AKL rooms are bigger and the grounds are beautiful!

8. CoolPool

CoolPool New Member

AKL in a heartbeat. Much more delightful.

9. mom2munchkins

mom2munchkins New Member

AKL was my first on property resort stay and fav resort.so another vote for AKL

10. mbfaith406

mbfaith406 New Member

We're booking now!! Thanks

11. Disney grandma

Disney grandma New Member

You will love AKL!

12. Definetly, switch.

13. SAKPEG99OKW

SAKPEG99OKW The only thing better then one week at WDW is TWO

No comparison. ALK is amazing. The pool is amazing, views amazing, atmosphere amazing, rooms bigger. POR, is a moderate and you get what you pay for. If money is no object, i would go for AKL........

This trip funds are little tight so we are staying at POP for 7 Nights starting next Friday.

Have a great trip no matter where you stay..

Scott

14. mbfaith406

mbfaith406 New Member

Well, we have made the switch from PORFQ to AKL! Thanks for all the feedback! We have decided to also go with the savanna view and requested Kudu trail view. We are super excited! Eights days and counting!

15. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 New Member

I think you made a great choice.......AKL is a beautiful resort. Have a great trip :goodvibes.

16. kirs10paige

kirs10paige New Member

You'll love AKL.

17. JennSaint

JennSaint New Member

You might want to request facing the Arusha Savanna. That savanna has the most animals.

We've stayed at AKL 3 times and it's one of my favorites resorts!!

18. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

Arusha savannah is the best for viewing animals all the time. You may want to request that instead. We had the best views of animals! It was awesome! You are going to love AKL!

19. bethclayton

bethclayton New Member

when we went to akl a few years ago, it was a fairly last-minute decision, as well. we switched from csr to akl. we were SO glad we did! we absolutely LOVED it there! have a great trip!