Can't book a WD resort in JAN or FEB?????

DottieSpot

Earning My Ears
What the heck is going on? I can't get a place to stay Jan 31 - Feb 4 or for Feb 14 - Feb 19. I understand that the 19th is Presidents day but what is going on that you can't get a reservation in Jan? I have been to Disney twice in Jan and once in Feb and the parks were virtually empty. They weren't even using FastPass because the crowds were so small. Just curious if anyone could shed some light as to why there are no rooms. I tried the website and then had to eventaully call since the website is a joke. They told me that every single WD resort was sold out for the Feb dates and that the Jan 31- Feb 4 dates the ONLY thing available was a family suite at ASM. Can someone please enlighten me as to what is going on these dates???
Thanks!!!!

I don't think that there really is a "down time" at WDW anymore although it is true that some times are more busy than others. I would think that last minute reservations would be hard to come by. The middle of Feb. (President's Week) is the start of a busy time for WDW with spring breaks and Easter following behind.

Try places like Expedia and travelocity as they still might have some rooms before releasing them back to Disney.

Also did you call and check on-line they have differences every once in a while as well.

Good luck.

My friend called last Wednesday to get a reservation for him and his girlfriend for Feb. 9 - 13th and could not find any vacancies in any WDW property or up to a 20 mile radius around WDW. I thought he must not have tried hard enough....but now I am starting to think that he was telling me the truth!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Kathy

I called today to change 4 ADRs for Jan 28-Feb3. I got everything I wanted at the times I requested. So I guess all of these people aren't eating.

From what I've seen on the board, there is a convention. Also the cheerleading nationals are being held sometime around the 8th or 9th.

I found these from my post on another thread
Lotusphere Jan 21-25
Fence Builders conv. Jan 31- Feb 2
Varsity Dance Competition Feb 2-5 they start checking in on Jan.31 at All Stars and Caribbean Beach
Homebuilders Conv. Feb 7-10

Hope this helps

Same here our only choices for 2/2 were OKW in a 2bd villa or Ft.Wilderness Cabins, no mods or values at all.

Just booked 2 rooms at Pop this afternoon at the AP rate. Tried last night & was told the AP rates were gone, but AAA were still available. This is for 2/23-26. :confused3

I booked ASMo for Jan 31 to Feb 5, just this past Saturday. When I tried on-line, I could get a room for Jan 30 to Feb 5. But if I changed to Jan 31 (one LESS night), it showed nothing. Same if I put in Jan 30 to Feb 4. So I booked the Jan 30 to Feb 5, then called and changed to Jan 31. It took forever - when he came back on the line, he said it was giving them an error, but they got it resolved. I wonder if the ressie system is having some issues. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't had the on-line ressie, they would have thought there were no rooms. Since I had a ressie for Jan 30 to Feb 5, they knew the computer wasn't right when it said no availability to take a night OFF the stay.

Then again, there's speculation that the Super Bowl in Miami will drive up WDW visits that weekend.

LisaB

I wish I knew too.

We are already booked for Jan 27-Feb. 3 at POFQ.
But we got some Christmas money so decided to upgrade to Poly or CR.

Well, I've called every day since Christmas Eve (thank goodness I found the 800 number) , and nothing is available at either. I know a Concierge suite is available at GF (we didn't get THAT much money) and AKL is still available for those days, because they always come back and offer me that. But we were actually looking to be on the monorail.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, as we have our POFQ ressie, but I am really wondering what's going on too.

I've heard the following reasons suggested:
Conventions, Press events for Castle Suite prize, Superbowl, Disney doesn't book resorts full in off season to save on costs...,
Don't know if any of these thing are the real reason(s), but I will continue to call.

From what I hear on these boards, I thought ASM family suites were always booked way in advance, really hard to get. So I am surprised to hear that is availabe. That seems to be an indication that something out of the ordinary is happenning, rather than just typical family-type groups.

Wow ~ I'm not sure why you guys are having problems. I literally just called an hour ago - 9 pm my time and got Jan. 28-Feb. 2 NO problems at all.
I specifically asked if the resorts were full and she said no, she said I had my choice of resorts! She did say though that from the 3rd, 4th and the next few weeks it was going to be very crowded. I guess we timed it just right, at least I hope so!!!! We've gone this time of year for the last 4 years in a row with very little crowds!!! Oh, I also had 2 codes attached to my name for discounts. Perhaps it is the ressie system that is the prob. I know the online site was having a lot of problems today!

She also told me that the cheerleaders are coming in on the 4th. I don't know, are the dates for these things posted somewhere officially??

I called this week for the second week in Feb. Was given availability at SS and OKW on points.

Nothing other than FW or OKW was available for 2/2, not sure why. Are you leaving on 2/2 or your last night is 2/2?

I called today to change 4 ADRs for Jan 28-Feb3. I got everything I wanted at the times I requested. So I guess all of these people aren't eating.

I agree! I called yesterday to move some of my ADRs around for my Feb. 3-9 trip and no problem and lots of times to choose from. I added Coral Reef and 50s Prime Time. Need to move some more today.

Way back in August there was very limited availability, htere were still rooms and packages left, but we were unable to get what we wanted where we wanted it. We just postponed the vacation until we could get what we wanted where we wanted it. I think we are abck to the "old days" when you needed to book a year out to get exactly what you wanted when you wanted it and to add to it now there really are no down times!:confused3

I have been checking for Feb. 19th-25th (which are my dates) just to see what kind of availability there is and there are very few deluxe rooms left. Nothing at CR, GF, Poly. Not even sure BC/YC had anything when I checked last week. :scared1: They seem to be filling up fast.

All the Mods and Values still had availability - this is President's Day Week, BTW.

Wow ~ I'm not sure why you guys are having problems. I literally just called an hour ago - 9 pm my time and got Jan. 28-Feb. 2 NO problems at all.
I specifically asked if the resorts were full and she said no, she said I had my choice of resorts! She did say though that from the 3rd, 4th and the next few weeks it was going to be very crowded. I guess we timed it just right, at least I hope so!!!! We've gone this time of year for the last 4 years in a row with very little crowds!!! Oh, I also had 2 codes attached to my name for discounts. Perhaps it is the ressie system that is the prob. I know the online site was having a lot of problems today!

She also told me that the cheerleaders are coming in on the 4th. I don't know, are the dates for these things posted somewhere officially??

We always go at this time of year, too with low crowds, so I'm a little surprised, too.

Regarding the discount pin codes: do you ask specifically for pin codes when you call, or they just pop up and the cm tells you? I've called every day, and they bring my info up in the computer each time, so I assume if there is a pin on my name, they would tell me? I can't even get a room, much less one at a discount now, so I guess would be happy with rack rate, though. When you have a pin is it just for a specific, low booked hotel, or can it be used anywhere you can get an availability?

From what I have read it's conventions especially if one of the previous posters mentioned nothing in a 20 mile radius. That suggests to me that it's all booked for conventions, and probably dance competition. Try some of the discounted sites. I looked on travelocity just to check if it's really full, and yes they showed no avalibility for a couple of the deluxes. The builders convention I heard can bring in 100 thousand people, so that maybe why you are not able to find rooms so easily. JMHO:bride: :groom:

I would just keep on trying, there are cancellations going on all the time.

Good luck! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter