Can't believe what I saw on BTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people on the Internet lie all the time but...what would really be the point of making up a story like this??

Who knows? Attention? Boredom? Maybe she actually saw some kids horsing around and was frustrated by Disney's lackluster response and the whole thing has been greatly embellished by this point? Regardless of if there's a good reason or not, critically evaluating the facts as presented lead me to believe that this story didn't happen the way she reported it.

I have also witnessed youtube videos of people riding Tower of Terror without seatbelts and the like so I know that it's possible that people were up out of their seats on BTMR - I just don't believe that this is a true story.

While this is true, I find your opinions on this thread downright mean. Whether the story is embellished or not, something obviously happened that upset the OP. To me, it is just mean the way you had to keep coming back on this thread and insulting the OP's feelings and actions. I never get involved in drama on this board but this one really bothers me. I don't know why people can't just be compassionate and nice.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

why is it these days no one can post anything on the Dis board without all you nasty people crawling out of your hole to call them liars? What is wrong with you people??? are you like this is real life I wonder or just brave because you are on a forum?
OP..that was a shocking thing to see and I would have done the same thing. We got harassed by school kids at Universal one year and I did the same thing I sent an email to the school. Unless you witness something like this yourself you have no idea.

I think the whole story was exaggerated at best, completely fabricated at worst.

I also think the op is seeking some for of compensation from Disney for her daughter's "trauma" and is trying to drum up public support. It's the "I'm going to call the news media and report this!" strategy, in hopes of receiving hush money. Except with no proof, the media wouldn't go for it. So she turns to the public in the form of message boards. That accounts for the 4 month time lapse, during which she learned Disney wouldn't pay. Public pressure is a common strategy used by lawyers in hopes of gain for their clients and thus themselves, these days.

while this is true, i find your opinions on this thread downright mean. Whether the story is embellished or not, something obviously happened that upset the op. To me, it is just mean the way you had to keep coming back on this thread and insulting the op's feelings and actions. I never get involved in drama on this board but this one really bothers me. I don't know why people can't just be compassionate and nice.

yes this

I think the whole story was exaggerated at best, completely fabricated at worst.

I also think the op is seeking some for of compensation from Disney for her daughter's "trauma" and is trying to drum up public support. It's the "I'm going to call the news media and report this!" strategy, in hopes of receiving hush money. Except with no proof, the media wouldn't go for it. So she turns to the public in the form of message boards. That accounts for the 4 month time lapse, during which she learned Disney wouldn't pay. Public pressure is a common strategy used by lawyers in hopes of gain for their clients and thus themselves, these days.

are you a troll or something?? this is a Disney board where people come for support and help !!!! do you not get that???

why is it these days no one can post anything on the Dis board without all you nasty people crawling out of your hole to call them liars? What is wrong with you people??? are you like this is real life I wonder or just brave because you are on a forum?

I see only one person throwing around names and saying mean things about people...

Just as the OP has the right to post his/her opinion, others have a right to post theirs. It's called having a dissenting opinion, and realizing that there are sometimes more than one side to a story.

Oh, btw, we filled in the hole and moved into a very nice hovel a few years ago. Thanks for your "concern" though. Must be this forum that let you see what our old home looked like. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I see only one person throwing around names and saying mean things about people...

Just as the OP has the right to post his/her opinion, others have a right to post theirs. It's called having a dissenting opinion, and realizing that there are sometimes more than one side to a story.

Oh, btw, we filled in the hole and moved into a very nice hovel a few years ago. Thanks for your "concern" though. Must be this forum that let you see what our old home looked like. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

OP..that was a shocking thing to see and I would have done the same thing. We got harassed by school kids at Universal one year and I did the same thing I sent an email to the school. Unless you witness something like this yourself you have no idea.

I'd be less 'kind' in my disbelief to the OP if we were in person. I'd probably laugh at the ridiculous story TBH.

I call BS on the OP's story because I know how the rides operate and what goes on behind the scenes and that the guest can't actually see the people operating the ride. The people at the platform are not doing anything other than opening/closing the gates and releasing the ride vehicles. There are cameras with a bank of screens showing every inch of every track and a highly trained and trusted cast member is in charge of the safety of every body on the ride. They would never risk their job to ignore the type of behavior the OP is describing.

Do I think there was a group of teens behaving badly? Most likely there was. Maybe their behavior was quite distressing to the OP and/or her DD but it didn't make for as good a story. There is no gain here for the OP so who knows why they posted this.

They're old enough to know what they're doing, I wouldn't have worried about it. If they keep it up eventually natural selection will catch up with them and the IQ of the entire planet would see a slight increase.

are you a troll or something?? this is a Disney board where people come for support and help !!!! do you not get that???

Not at all. I am often on here to give help and support. Check my other posts, if you wish.

Public pressure is a very powerful thing. I have personally been involved in cases in which someone suffered a loss, and greatly exaggerated that loss to collect a large sum of money. Public forums were involved. I have been subpoenaed and called on to testify as a witness to the facts.

This when story seems fishy to me. The time lag says a great deal. Public pressure is a gun with one bullet, and is used after all else has failed. Don't allow yourself to be used as a patsy by this person.

The boys DID harass my family about mentioning it to the CM and security. They followed us around the park, yelling profanities,etc. until I finally said something to them. It was ridiculous behavior, and totally uncalled for. Like I said, this post. Isn't about the boys' behaviors after the fact, it was about the safety issue of that ride.

Why didn't you mention this in your original post? It would be a much bigger issue to me than the original crime.

Also, I do find it hard to believe that they were literally "following us around the park, yelling profanities". I once saw a teenager yell at a woman who was probably her mother. She raised her hands and pushed her mother. I turned to get a CM, but by the time I turned back, they were gone. The CM said a couple placating things, basically telling me it was none of my business. Years later, while taking a backstage tour, I learned that they'd most likely been whisked backstage by security, as they happened to be standing right next to one of Disney's very many hidden doors. (And, come to think of it, there were three "tourists" watching them very closely.)

Not only does Disney have cameras everywhere, they've got masses of undercover security. And they take their security VERY seriously. Yelling profanities in the middle of the park would get their attention very quickly.

What kind of help does the OP need? It seems to me she's just telling a story, probably hoping to get folks to agree with her that Disney handled everything terribly. This is a Disney board - it's not a board where you are guaranteed to have everything you feel or believe validated. In fact, anything you post here is fodder for debate.

If the OP wants something specific from us, then she needs to state it up front. At which point, she may or may not get it.

Did those kids at Universal harass you after you called them nasty trolls too? :rolleyes1

Support? Support for what? An incident that may have only occurred in the OP's head four months ago? An incident that affected her daughter so, so much and yet she's bringing her back to the very place where it happened? The place where Disney CMs allow reckless, dangerous behavior on their rides and yet the OP has plans to jump back on those rides despite their safety failures, according to her? That sort of support? Oh ok. :rolleyes:

I'm calling total BS on the OP. If this happened Disney would not let this go if it happened just as reported.:stir:

The headmaster of the school made all six boys write me letters of apology. I didn't want to get them in trouble. I only wanted them to see the severity of their actions! I still can't believe that Disney didn't even look into it at all.

This is where the story went completely off the rails - the idea that a headmaster would make students write letters of apology just because he heard an unverified story from some stranger.

Parents tend to be defensive of their children. Headmasters of private schools tend to be defensive of the money parents give to the school. The idea that a headmaster would force six children to write letters of apology based on a random person's complaint, and that wealthy parents would allow it (and allow their kids to be opened up to potential liability by admitting guilt in that way) is ludicrous.

I think someone doesn't understand how ridiculous this whole thing sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter